Manea gears up for action-packed British Grass Karting Championships
MANEA will host the British Grass Karting Championships at the weekend - and the fun will not just be contained to the track.
It will be the first time that The Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club has held the event over two days and a special fun day has been planned to celebrate.
Crowds will be kept entertained by live music, bouncy castles, kart time trials, disco, karaoke, bingo and raffles during Saturday’s event. A host of caterers will attend with a hog roast planned for the evening.
Visitors will also get the chance to meet some former British karting champions and be photographed in a grass kart.
The fifth British Championships will begin on Sunday, with seven classes of kart racing being contested by drivers aged from as young as seven.
You may also want to watch:
Dozens of Fenland’s most talented karting stars will be in action, including March’s Harry Hensby and Upwell’s Josh Smith.
The finals will take place in the afternoon before a presentation and a light-hearted ‘mechanics race’ - which is contested by the people who maintain the karts.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 3 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 4 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 5 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 6 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 7 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 8 Suspected hare coursers get 4x4 stuck after crashing nose first in ditch
- 9 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
Martin Osborne, from the kart racing club, said: “With over 100 karts expected to participate in this years championships, it promises to be the greatest one to date.
“Please come and support not only the local drivers, but all participants on the day. You wont be disappointed.”
The event will take place on 12 Acre Field, Fifty Road, Manea. Entrance and parking is free on both days with admission from 9am. Racing starts at 10am on the Sunday. For more information visit www.wdkrc.com