Manea gears up for action-packed British Grass Karting Championships
MANEA will host the British Grass Karting Championships at the weekend - and the fun will not just be contained to the track.
It will be the first time that The Wisbech and District Kart Racing Club has held the event over two days and a special fun day has been planned to celebrate.
Crowds will be kept entertained by live music, bouncy castles, kart time trials, disco, karaoke, bingo and raffles during Saturday’s event. A host of caterers will attend with a hog roast planned for the evening.
Visitors will also get the chance to meet some former British karting champions and be photographed in a grass kart.
The fifth British Championships will begin on Sunday, with seven classes of kart racing being contested by drivers aged from as young as seven.
Dozens of Fenland’s most talented karting stars will be in action, including March’s Harry Hensby and Upwell’s Josh Smith.
The finals will take place in the afternoon before a presentation and a light-hearted ‘mechanics race’ - which is contested by the people who maintain the karts.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 5 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
Martin Osborne, from the kart racing club, said: “With over 100 karts expected to participate in this years championships, it promises to be the greatest one to date.
“Please come and support not only the local drivers, but all participants on the day. You wont be disappointed.”
The event will take place on 12 Acre Field, Fifty Road, Manea. Entrance and parking is free on both days with admission from 9am. Racing starts at 10am on the Sunday. For more information visit www.wdkrc.com