March and District Amateur Operatic Society to stage Pack Up Your Troubles
IT is time to Pack Up Your Troubles as March and District Amateur Operatic Society finish final preparations for its latest show.
The box office for the society’s rendition of the Second World War-inspired show Pack Up Your Troubles opens tomorrow, with the show running later this month.
The show is directed by Marian Savill, with musical direction by Neil Keer and choreography by Jo Rix. It features a selection of music and songs from the 1940s - with some lively music, comedy and sketches - and is sure to capture the determination, fighting spirit, community spirit and courage of the wartime years.
Claire Lilley, publicity officer for MADAOS, said: “Having recently celebrated our 50th anniversary we are keen to keep going until at least 100.”
The box office opens at Greetings in High Street, March, tomorrow. Tickets cost �8 each (�7 for concessions) and are available during the shop’s normal opening hours.
You may also want to watch:
Performances of the show take place at March Youth and Community Centre at 7.30pm nightly from October 27-30, with a Saturday matinee on October 30 from 2.30pm.
• The society is also performing a tribute show in memory of late president Philip Morton at Trinity Church, March, on Thursday October 21 starting at 7.30pm.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 4 Council buys up 1,000 sandbags ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 ‘Boris should try to fill in the forms if he thinks they’re so simple’
- 8 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
Members past and present are invited to participate in the show and a rehearsal will take place at 7.30pm on Tuesday October 19 at the youth and community centre.
Tickets for the performance, which will include songs from Mr Morton’s favourite shows and a preview of a few of the numbers in Pack Up Your Troubles will be �5 each, payable on the door.
• For more information about the society’s shows and activities visit www.madaos.org