March operatic society offers cheap tickets for under 12s to encourage them to join
A DISCOUNT rate for under 12s has been introduced by a Fenland amateur theatre group “in the hope they may be bitten by the bug and wish to join us.”
March and District Amateur Operatic Society hope their next production- Mack and Mabel which opens on Tuesday- will be a show case for others to join them.
Claire Lilley, the society’s spokesman, said: “The society appreciates how difficult it can be for a family to afford to attend the show and for this reason we have this year introduced a special rate of �5 per ticket for under 12s at all performances as we are very keen to encourage young people to come and see our shows and hope that they may be bitten by the bug and wish to join the society.
“We are always looking for new and enthusiastic performers, young and old, and also people to help behind the scenes with set design and building.”
The society is delighted with advance sales although Ms Lilley said some were surprised the show was going ahead at the Neale Wade, currently undergoing massive refurbishment.
“The old hall and stage area is still in place while the new one is being built,” she said.
“There was previously a short extension to the rear of the hall which has been removed and as a result the seating area is slightly shorter than normal so we are unable to fit in the raised seating we normally use.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 3 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 4 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 5 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 6 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 7 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 8 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 9 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
“All seating is therefore on the flat and we have just one standard price of �10 per ticket with concessions available for Tuesday evening and Saturday matinee at �8 each.
Mack and Mabel follow the story of Mabel Normand’s rise to stardom from a waitress to star of movie director Mack Sennett’s studio.
The show runs from Tuesday to Saturday with a Saturday matinee at 2.30pm.
Tickets are available on the booking line 05602 307672 or from the box office open daily in Sainsbury, March (closed Sundays).