March Operatic Society’s production of Footloose opens next week
MARCH and District Amateur Operatic Society’s production of Footloose opens next Tuesday at Neale-Wade Community College.
The musical is based on the 1980s film starring Kevin Bacon and Lori Singer which was remade in 2011.
A lively show sure to get you out of your seat and dancing, Footloose features classic 80s anthems including Holding Out For A Hero, Let’s Hear It For The Boy and of course the title track.
The role of Ariel Shaw will be played by Eleanor Pettet in her debut leading role for the Society. It also welcomes newcomers Ali Penman, Amy Carter and Elliot Bryant in the roles of Ren McCormack, Rusty and Willard.
After a long absence from performing Francis Pepper is playing the part of Reverend Shaw Moore and his wife Vi is played by Kerry Casey.
You may also want to watch:
The show runs until Saturday April 14. Performances are nightly at 7.30pm with a matinee on Saturday at 2.30pm.
Tickets cost �10 each (�8 concessions) and are available from Collingwoods, in March, from 9.30am-5pm daily (10am-4pm Good Friday). Alternatively, contact 01223 911446 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s