March Operatic Society’s production of Footloose opens next week
MARCH and District Amateur Operatic Society’s production of Footloose opens next Tuesday at Neale-Wade Community College.
The musical is based on the 1980s film starring Kevin Bacon and Lori Singer which was remade in 2011.
A lively show sure to get you out of your seat and dancing, Footloose features classic 80s anthems including Holding Out For A Hero, Let’s Hear It For The Boy and of course the title track.
The role of Ariel Shaw will be played by Eleanor Pettet in her debut leading role for the Society. It also welcomes newcomers Ali Penman, Amy Carter and Elliot Bryant in the roles of Ren McCormack, Rusty and Willard.
After a long absence from performing Francis Pepper is playing the part of Reverend Shaw Moore and his wife Vi is played by Kerry Casey.
You may also want to watch:
The show runs until Saturday April 14. Performances are nightly at 7.30pm with a matinee on Saturday at 2.30pm.
Tickets cost �10 each (�8 concessions) and are available from Collingwoods, in March, from 9.30am-5pm daily (10am-4pm Good Friday). Alternatively, contact 01223 911446 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 10 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park