March singer songwriter Misty Jones gets backing of new record boss
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland record label owner says its first signing is destined for the top.
Cherry Blossom Records announced the signing of March singer songwriter Misty Jones earlier this week.
The 16-year-old Neale-Wade Academy student, who has already released her own four track EP, has drawn comparisons with Ed Sheeran and Gabrielle Aplin.
Jed Wild, who also runs the Cherry Tree Recording Studio in Christchurch, is thrilled with the acquisition and excited about working with Misty on an album.
Mr Wild said: “Misty has got the talent and charisma to go to the top. She is very hard working and promotes herself well.
You may also want to watch:
“Her sound is acoustic guitar based and is similar to Ed Sheeran’s. We will get in the recording studio and start working on an album.”
Mr Wild’s label prides itself on supporting local musicians - last year it released an album called Unsigned in the East, showcasing unsigned Fenland talent.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
Misty has her own page on Reverbnation, a website aimed at promoting musicians and labels, where fans can watch and listen to her songs and download her work.
To find out more about Cherry Blossom records visit www.cherrytreerecordingstudio.com