March singer songwriter Misty Jones gets backing of new record boss
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland record label owner says its first signing is destined for the top.
Cherry Blossom Records announced the signing of March singer songwriter Misty Jones earlier this week.
The 16-year-old Neale-Wade Academy student, who has already released her own four track EP, has drawn comparisons with Ed Sheeran and Gabrielle Aplin.
Jed Wild, who also runs the Cherry Tree Recording Studio in Christchurch, is thrilled with the acquisition and excited about working with Misty on an album.
Mr Wild said: “Misty has got the talent and charisma to go to the top. She is very hard working and promotes herself well.
You may also want to watch:
“Her sound is acoustic guitar based and is similar to Ed Sheeran’s. We will get in the recording studio and start working on an album.”
Mr Wild’s label prides itself on supporting local musicians - last year it released an album called Unsigned in the East, showcasing unsigned Fenland talent.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 4 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 5 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 6 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
Misty has her own page on Reverbnation, a website aimed at promoting musicians and labels, where fans can watch and listen to her songs and download her work.
To find out more about Cherry Blossom records visit www.cherrytreerecordingstudio.com