March Summer Festival will be one of the best ever, organisers promise
AFTER months of organising, March Summer Festival is almost upon us - and the committee behind the fun has promised this year’s will be among the best.
The festival runs from June 10-12 and provides a full weekend of music and lots of fun for the whole family.
Maureen James, a member of March Summer Festival Committee, said: “Whether you are a senior citizen who likes the mellow sound of Jazz; middle-aged with a preference for the sound of the 60s and 70s; a teenager who likes modern dance or heavy metal or a child who likes circus skills, storytelling, and fairground rides, you will not be disappointed.
“Nor if you like original new music as, once again, we welcome quite a few performers who compose their own material.”
The festival is made possible with funding from March Town Council, Fenland District Council and with help or sponsorship from March Lions Club which runs the car boot sale.
March Operatic Society, Young People March, the George Campbell Leisure Centre and a number of businesses loan equipment, while the Co-op sponsors the Young Bands evening and the Picnic in the park.
The highlight of the festival is the gala and parade on June 11. A car boot sale in the morning is followed by the parade which leaves City Road car park at 12.30pm.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 4 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 5 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
The parade will travel around the town and back to the car park for presentations. The gala will then be officially opened by the Mayor of March, the gala princess and her attendant.
During the weekend there will be a full programme of performances on the large open-air stage, with performers from Fenland and beyond.
For more information about the festival visit www.marchsummerfestival.co.uk
• A WEEKEND break courtesy of Wetherspoon’s is one of a number of great prizes available in the festival programme prize draw.
Programmes will be available from stewards or the control point caravan in return for a donation.
• DON’T forget that next Thursday will crown the winner of the Fenland Has Talent competition - and the lucky victor will perform on the Saturday afternoon of the festival.
The final takes place at the Braza and starts at 7.30pm. Tickets cost �5 and are available by calling our office on 01354 652621.