Mario Kart, Angry Birds and all things video games at Doddington Carnival tomorrow!
- Credit: Archant
The bunting is up around the village in preparation of the annual Doddington Carnival and Sports Day, which takes place tomorrow!
Expect to see everything from Mario Kart to Angry Birds at this year’s fun-filled carnival, which is themed on computer games.
The road through the village closes at 9.30am, allowing a procession of carnival floats through, before the road re-opens at 12.30pm.
After the parade Doddignton recreation field plays host to sports day events for children, where medals and trophies are awarded throughout the afternoon.
“From bouncy castles to WW2 tanks and food outlets, the family fun lasts the whole day,” say organisers.
You may also want to watch:
“The bunting is up, the scarecrows are out, and all around the village, kitchen tables are covered in paint and sticky-back plastic - this can only mean one thing...
“Make sure you come out and see the fantastic floats and bands in the parade. And don’t forget to take lots of photos and enter our photograph competition.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
Brett Rigby, secretary for the committee that organises the event, said: “The whole of the carnival committee have been flat-out, getting ready for the big day.”
Entry to the sports field costs £1.
Visit http://www.doddingtoncarnival.co.uk/ for more information.