Mario Kart, Angry Birds and all things video games at Doddington Carnival tomorrow!
- Credit: Archant
The bunting is up around the village in preparation of the annual Doddington Carnival and Sports Day, which takes place tomorrow!
Expect to see everything from Mario Kart to Angry Birds at this year’s fun-filled carnival, which is themed on computer games.
The road through the village closes at 9.30am, allowing a procession of carnival floats through, before the road re-opens at 12.30pm.
After the parade Doddignton recreation field plays host to sports day events for children, where medals and trophies are awarded throughout the afternoon.
“From bouncy castles to WW2 tanks and food outlets, the family fun lasts the whole day,” say organisers.
“The bunting is up, the scarecrows are out, and all around the village, kitchen tables are covered in paint and sticky-back plastic - this can only mean one thing...
“Make sure you come out and see the fantastic floats and bands in the parade. And don’t forget to take lots of photos and enter our photograph competition.”
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 4 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 5 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 6 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
Brett Rigby, secretary for the committee that organises the event, said: “The whole of the carnival committee have been flat-out, getting ready for the big day.”
Entry to the sports field costs £1.
Visit http://www.doddingtoncarnival.co.uk/ for more information.