Mario Kart, Angry Birds and all things video games at Doddington Carnival tomorrow!
- Credit: Archant
The bunting is up around the village in preparation of the annual Doddington Carnival and Sports Day, which takes place tomorrow!
Expect to see everything from Mario Kart to Angry Birds at this year’s fun-filled carnival, which is themed on computer games.
The road through the village closes at 9.30am, allowing a procession of carnival floats through, before the road re-opens at 12.30pm.
After the parade Doddignton recreation field plays host to sports day events for children, where medals and trophies are awarded throughout the afternoon.
“From bouncy castles to WW2 tanks and food outlets, the family fun lasts the whole day,” say organisers.
You may also want to watch:
“The bunting is up, the scarecrows are out, and all around the village, kitchen tables are covered in paint and sticky-back plastic - this can only mean one thing...
“Make sure you come out and see the fantastic floats and bands in the parade. And don’t forget to take lots of photos and enter our photograph competition.”
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
Brett Rigby, secretary for the committee that organises the event, said: “The whole of the carnival committee have been flat-out, getting ready for the big day.”
Entry to the sports field costs £1.
Visit http://www.doddingtoncarnival.co.uk/ for more information.