Medieval fun at Denny Abbey this bank holiday
- Credit: Archant
WAR of the Roses re-enactment group Buckingham’s Retinue will be returning to the Farmland Museum and Denny Abbey later this month, to show what life in the late 15th century may have been like.
On Sunday August 25 and Bank Holiday Monday, August 26, visitors will be able to explore the authentic medieval camp set up by Buckingham’s Retinue and take a look at wide range of medieval activities.
During both days there is a packed programme, including archery displays, a mummers’ play, soldiers drill display, medieval games and a combat display.
There will also be some music and dance, with a chance of audience participation.
For a complete timetable visit www.farmlandmuseum.org.uk
You may also want to watch:
The museum on the A10 between Stretham and Waterbeach opens at 10.30am and activities start at 11am. Event admission prices apply. Ample parking, refreshments or bring a picnic.
For more information contact 01223 860988 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 10 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?