Michael Morpurgo’s ‘The Butterfly Lion’ on tour in Cambridge
- Credit: Archant
THE critically acclaimed ‘The Butterfly Lion’ by the award-winning writer Michael Morpurgo, is being staged at the Arts Theatre in Cambridge from September 30 until October 5.
As a young boy living in Africa, Bertie rescues an orphaned white lion cub, but he is forced to part with it when he is sent to boarding school, and the lion is sold to a circus.
Bertie vows he will see his friend again, but little does he realise the incredible journey his life will take him on before that momentous day finally arrives.
Former Children’s Laureate Michael Morpurgo was catapulted on to the world stage in 2007, with the National Theatre production of his book ‘War Horse’. The show still plays to sell-out audiences across the world and is now a major film directed by Steven Spielberg.
In ‘The Butterfly Lion’, Gwen Taylor stars as Nurse Millie. She is much loved for her role in ‘Duty Free’ and most recently she has been seen playing Ann Foster in Coronation Street.
You may also want to watch:
The cast also includes Christopher Hogben, Gina Issac, Michael Palmer, Sydney Smith, Sam Clark, Tracey Bargate, Lloyd Notice and Adam Buchanan.
The show runs until Saturday October 5, with daily performances at 7.30pm and a matinee at 2.30pm on October 5. Tickets from £27 to £15, box office 01223 503333.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 9 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 10 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses