Momentous 1940s will be celebrated at special March fun day and evening dance
- Credit: Archant
A SPECIAL 1940s themed event will transport Fenlanders back to one of the most significant periods of British history.
On March 23, ‘March into the 1940s’ will celebrate the history, dress, food and culture of the momentous decade in which Hitler was defeated.
A fun day and evening dance will be held at GER Sports Club in March.
The day’s entertainment will include a car boot sale, vintage trade stalls, a living history display with crowd participation and 1940’s refreshments, such as spam sandwiches and bread and butter pudding.
There will be 1940’s entertainment with dance lessons, egg and spoon races and fair rides.
In the evening, guests will dance the night away to the music of the 40s with DJ Woody, while Luna Nightingale will sing famous wartime songs.
There will be authentic 1940’s catering, with Corn Beef Hash, Cottage Pie and Cauliflower Cheese on the menu.
- 1 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 2 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Santa lightens up the Fens in run-up to Christmas
- 5 Attacked PC nominated for bravery award
- 6 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 7 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 8 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 9 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 10 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
A raffle in aid of Help for Heroes and East Anglian Air Ambulance will take place.
The fun day runs from 10-4pm, while the evening dance is from 6pm-12am.
Entry is free for the fun day. Tickets for the evening dance and supper cost £12.
For any enquiries, call Donna on 07876 264613 or email email@example.com