Momentous 1940s will be celebrated at special March fun day and evening dance
- Credit: Archant
A SPECIAL 1940s themed event will transport Fenlanders back to one of the most significant periods of British history.
On March 23, ‘March into the 1940s’ will celebrate the history, dress, food and culture of the momentous decade in which Hitler was defeated.
A fun day and evening dance will be held at GER Sports Club in March.
The day’s entertainment will include a car boot sale, vintage trade stalls, a living history display with crowd participation and 1940’s refreshments, such as spam sandwiches and bread and butter pudding.
There will be 1940’s entertainment with dance lessons, egg and spoon races and fair rides.
You may also want to watch:
In the evening, guests will dance the night away to the music of the 40s with DJ Woody, while Luna Nightingale will sing famous wartime songs.
There will be authentic 1940’s catering, with Corn Beef Hash, Cottage Pie and Cauliflower Cheese on the menu.
- 1 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 2 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 Hauliers face Covid and Brexit HGV driver shortage
- 5 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
A raffle in aid of Help for Heroes and East Anglian Air Ambulance will take place.
The fun day runs from 10-4pm, while the evening dance is from 6pm-12am.
Entry is free for the fun day. Tickets for the evening dance and supper cost £12.
For any enquiries, call Donna on 07876 264613 or email email@example.com