Motorbikes, music, hog roast and raffle prizes at a weekender in Tydd Gote to raise funds for FACET students
- Credit: Archant
A weekend of motorbikes, music, dancing and food is raising money for a caravan classroom at a farm where students with additional needs attend to learn about animal care.
Anni Ladd hopes the weekend event from Friday 19 to Sunday 21 will bring in enough funds for the classroom for FACET students who travel to the farm in Tydd Gote from March.
She said: “We have a smallholding where we keep sheep, pigs and poultry on a very small scale.
“We were fortunate enough to meet the guys from FACET a while ago and they come to us to learn how to care for the animals.
“Together we also do worksheets, on a range of farming subjects, which at the moment are completed outside or in the polytunnel.
“This can make things very difficult in the cold and wet weather so we are trying desperately to raise funds for a static caravan which can be used as a classroom and shelter.
“We have plans to use it in lots of ways, encouraging vegetable growing, cooking home produce, and related crafts.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 7 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
“These guys seem to benefit so much from what we can do here, both socially, educationally and emotionally.
“Having a static caravan on site will enable us to open our doors on a much more frequent basis, regardless of the weather.”
To raise funds she has organised a weekend event with Joe from Hot Pie Disco, Simon ‘Snowy’ Snow to do front of house PA and lights. stallholders including Newmarket Harley Davidson, hog roast and BBQ, FACET cake and coffee stall, the FACET gardening/plant stall, Pigasso local airbrush artist (leathers, bikes etc), Foxy hats and crafts, camping and caravanning supplies, clothing (biker goth), jewellery, motorcycle photography studio, old fashioned sweets in a converted Bedford van.
There are also birds of prey and a raffle including prizes of tickets to the Cambridge Rock Festival, band gigs, a tattoo voucher, a crash helmet, ladies leather trousers, t shirts, mugs, pillion seats, bolts sizers and novelty helmets.
She said: “Huge thanks go to Gildos Motorcycles in Wisbech, Snowy, Rick Stephenson at Lasting Image Tattoo and Artworks in Heacham as well as Fenland Choppers and Motorcycle Storehouse for their donations.”
• The event is at Long Sutton Barns, Tydd Gote, PE12 9AF.