Much-loved TV sit com coming to the stage
- Credit: Archant
Ely Amateur Dramatic Society’s stage adaptation of the classic sit com The Vicar of Dibley runs from February 18-21
Samantha Gallop takes on the role of the female vicar thrust into a small and slightly bonkers community and its cast of marginally unhinged characters, with Lisa Bushell, Graham Stark, Steve Tittensor, Tony Ransome, Richard Dodd, Peter Clyne, Susan Howell and Chris Evans playing the villagers.
Director, Susan Harrison, said: “The Vicar of Dibley is such a well-loved comedy institution, and Ely Amateur Dramatic Society is proud to have the opportunity to perform this live version for local audiences.
“The whole cast is superb, and together they bring the essence of the parish of Dibley to life with wit, warmth and a great deal of joy. Expect lots of giggles, lots of familiar scenes and characters, a few emotional moments...and a few surprises.”
The stage production brilliantly evokes Dibley’s own particular brand of gentle, country-folk lunacy with lots of laughter, love and affection.
You may also want to watch:
Performances are taking place from Wednesday, February 18, through to Saturday, February 21, at 7.30pm, in Needhams Hall, Ely College.
Tickets, priced at £8, are available from Burrows Bookshop, in High Street Passage, Ely, or by calling 01353 669759.
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless