Much-loved TV sit com coming to the stage
- Credit: Archant
Ely Amateur Dramatic Society’s stage adaptation of the classic sit com The Vicar of Dibley runs from February 18-21
Samantha Gallop takes on the role of the female vicar thrust into a small and slightly bonkers community and its cast of marginally unhinged characters, with Lisa Bushell, Graham Stark, Steve Tittensor, Tony Ransome, Richard Dodd, Peter Clyne, Susan Howell and Chris Evans playing the villagers.
Director, Susan Harrison, said: “The Vicar of Dibley is such a well-loved comedy institution, and Ely Amateur Dramatic Society is proud to have the opportunity to perform this live version for local audiences.
“The whole cast is superb, and together they bring the essence of the parish of Dibley to life with wit, warmth and a great deal of joy. Expect lots of giggles, lots of familiar scenes and characters, a few emotional moments...and a few surprises.”
The stage production brilliantly evokes Dibley’s own particular brand of gentle, country-folk lunacy with lots of laughter, love and affection.
Performances are taking place from Wednesday, February 18, through to Saturday, February 21, at 7.30pm, in Needhams Hall, Ely College.
Tickets, priced at £8, are available from Burrows Bookshop, in High Street Passage, Ely, or by calling 01353 669759.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 7 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?