Multi-award winning Absolute Radio host Christian O’Connell bringing stand-up show to Cambridge Junction
- Credit: Archant
Multi-award winning radio host Christian O’Connell will appear at Cambridge Junction on April 24 as part of his first national comedy tour.
His radio shows on XFM, Radio 5Live and breakfast show on Absolute Radio have seen him pick up 12 Radio Academy Awards and three Arqiva Commercial Radio Awards, including this year’s Broadcaster of the Year.
Now, following two sell out stand-up shows at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, as well as performing to a 500 strong crowd in London’s West End, O’Connell is taking the witty brand of anecdotal comedy which has made him a British radio mainstay and bringing it to the stage.
Christian’s new show Breaking Dad explores his experiences within the realms of parenthood as he attempts to navigate beloved pet death, pensioner sex advice and Peppa Pig.
The Guardian describes it as being “furiously funny”, while the Independent On Sunday describes him as a “delight”. His celebrity fans include Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant.
You may also want to watch:
The gig starts at 8pm. Tickets are £13/ £11 concessions and are available from www.junction.co.uk or at 01223 511 511
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic