Multi-award winning Absolute Radio host Christian O’Connell bringing stand-up show to Cambridge Junction
- Credit: Archant
Multi-award winning radio host Christian O’Connell will appear at Cambridge Junction on April 24 as part of his first national comedy tour.
His radio shows on XFM, Radio 5Live and breakfast show on Absolute Radio have seen him pick up 12 Radio Academy Awards and three Arqiva Commercial Radio Awards, including this year’s Broadcaster of the Year.
Now, following two sell out stand-up shows at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe, as well as performing to a 500 strong crowd in London’s West End, O’Connell is taking the witty brand of anecdotal comedy which has made him a British radio mainstay and bringing it to the stage.
Christian’s new show Breaking Dad explores his experiences within the realms of parenthood as he attempts to navigate beloved pet death, pensioner sex advice and Peppa Pig.
The Guardian describes it as being “furiously funny”, while the Independent On Sunday describes him as a “delight”. His celebrity fans include Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant.
The gig starts at 8pm. Tickets are £13/ £11 concessions and are available from www.junction.co.uk or at 01223 511 511
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 7 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks