Mum and son will have their heads shaved to raise cash for children’s cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
MOTHER and son Carla and Riley Gathercole will have their heads shaved at a family fund raising day later this month at Elm primary school.
The event will be raising money for the children’s cancer charity FAN - Families Against Neuroblastoma - and will include a car boot sale, craft stalls, children’s disco and face painting.
Carla said: “I’ve always said I’d shave my hair for charity and thought I’d better get on with it this year. When we were talking about, my eight-year-old son Riley said he’d like to do it too, so I thought we’d have a family fun day to raise more money for the charity.
“I thought Riley’s school would be a good venue, as they are not having a school fete this year. I chose the FAN charity because as I have a young family and wanted to pick a small local children’s charity to raise more awareness.”
The fund raising day on Saturday July 20 at the Elm C of E Primary School runs from 11am to 3pm.
Other attractions include a tombola, sumo suits, Warzone laser tames, Fossils Galore, and a barbecue.
Anyone who would like a stall, donate raffle prizes or help on the day can contact Carla on 07984267743, or via the Facebook page.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops