Mum and son will have their heads shaved to raise cash for children’s cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
MOTHER and son Carla and Riley Gathercole will have their heads shaved at a family fund raising day later this month at Elm primary school.
The event will be raising money for the children’s cancer charity FAN - Families Against Neuroblastoma - and will include a car boot sale, craft stalls, children’s disco and face painting.
Carla said: “I’ve always said I’d shave my hair for charity and thought I’d better get on with it this year. When we were talking about, my eight-year-old son Riley said he’d like to do it too, so I thought we’d have a family fun day to raise more money for the charity.
“I thought Riley’s school would be a good venue, as they are not having a school fete this year. I chose the FAN charity because as I have a young family and wanted to pick a small local children’s charity to raise more awareness.”
The fund raising day on Saturday July 20 at the Elm C of E Primary School runs from 11am to 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Other attractions include a tombola, sumo suits, Warzone laser tames, Fossils Galore, and a barbecue.
Anyone who would like a stall, donate raffle prizes or help on the day can contact Carla on 07984267743, or via the Facebook page.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 6 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle