Mum and son will have their heads shaved to raise cash for children’s cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
MOTHER and son Carla and Riley Gathercole will have their heads shaved at a family fund raising day later this month at Elm primary school.
The event will be raising money for the children’s cancer charity FAN - Families Against Neuroblastoma - and will include a car boot sale, craft stalls, children’s disco and face painting.
Carla said: “I’ve always said I’d shave my hair for charity and thought I’d better get on with it this year. When we were talking about, my eight-year-old son Riley said he’d like to do it too, so I thought we’d have a family fun day to raise more money for the charity.
“I thought Riley’s school would be a good venue, as they are not having a school fete this year. I chose the FAN charity because as I have a young family and wanted to pick a small local children’s charity to raise more awareness.”
The fund raising day on Saturday July 20 at the Elm C of E Primary School runs from 11am to 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Other attractions include a tombola, sumo suits, Warzone laser tames, Fossils Galore, and a barbecue.
Anyone who would like a stall, donate raffle prizes or help on the day can contact Carla on 07984267743, or via the Facebook page.
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 4 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 5 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 6 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 7 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 8 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 9 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections