Mum and son will have their heads shaved to raise cash for children’s cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
MOTHER and son Carla and Riley Gathercole will have their heads shaved at a family fund raising day later this month at Elm primary school.
The event will be raising money for the children’s cancer charity FAN - Families Against Neuroblastoma - and will include a car boot sale, craft stalls, children’s disco and face painting.
Carla said: “I’ve always said I’d shave my hair for charity and thought I’d better get on with it this year. When we were talking about, my eight-year-old son Riley said he’d like to do it too, so I thought we’d have a family fun day to raise more money for the charity.
“I thought Riley’s school would be a good venue, as they are not having a school fete this year. I chose the FAN charity because as I have a young family and wanted to pick a small local children’s charity to raise more awareness.”
The fund raising day on Saturday July 20 at the Elm C of E Primary School runs from 11am to 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
Other attractions include a tombola, sumo suits, Warzone laser tames, Fossils Galore, and a barbecue.
Anyone who would like a stall, donate raffle prizes or help on the day can contact Carla on 07984267743, or via the Facebook page.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash