Must visit pub gardens in Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Unsplash
As temperatures warm up and the sun comes out for longer- there's only one thing for it, a trip to a beer garden.
So grab your sunglasses, your wallet and some sun-cream as we take a look at our reader's favourite pub gardens across Cambridgeshire
The Boathouse, Peterborough
Set near the River Nene, The Boathouse in Peterborough has a large garden over looking picturesque views of the river. There's plenty of fruity gins, refreshing ciders and non-alcoholic drinks and an expansive food menu to tuck in to.
The pub is open 11am-11pm Monday-Friday, 9.30am-11pm on Saturdays and 9.30am-10.30pm on Sundays.
The Swan on the River, Littleport
A delightful pub and restaurant idyllically situated on the banks of the River Great Ouse, just north of Ely in Littleport.
There's plenty of outdoor seating to sit bank and unwind and take in the beautiful surroundings of the river.
Enjoy a tipple and fine food made with locally sourced ingredients.
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 9 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 10 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
The pub is open Monday- Thursday 12-10.30pm, 12-11pm on Fridays and Saturdays and 12-10pm on Sunday.
The Barley Mow, Hartford
Described by customers as 'well worth a visit' if you're in the area, the pub garden is welcoming and the perfect place to watch the world go by.
The pub also hosts a variety of live music to enjoy on those summer nights.
The pub is open Monday-Wednesday 12-10.30pm, Thursday to Saturday 12-11pm and Sunday 12-10pm.
Royal Oak, St Neots
This family friendly pub is not one to miss with a 'lovely' beer garden at the back of the 17th century thatched pub.
The perfect finish line after a country walk around the area, where you can settle and enjoy a drink, some food and the flowers in the garden.
The pub is closed on Mondays, open 4-10pm on Tuesday, 4-11pm on Weds-Thurs, 4-12pm on Friday, 12pm-12am on Saturdays and 12-9pm on Sundays.