Nap along to Ride Along 2 at The Light in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Sometimes you watch a film and leave captivated by the beautiful cinematography, enthralled by the plot, buzzing with the twists and turns of clever storytelling or grinning from having had a good old belly laugh.
And then you go and watch Ride Along 2.
And if you’re lucky you leave hugging yourself with pure joy that you chose to watch it in a cinema with super comfy seats like the Light in Wisbech that ensured a lovely relaxing nap.
Yes. It’s that bad.
If you like your films with little plot, big effects for no apparent reason, cheese-ball humour and a big build up with a predictably groaning finish then be my guest.
You may also want to watch:
To be fair, rapper Ice Cube is a good actor and plays a convincing role of hard edged cop James Payton.
Alongside him, however, is Kevin Hart who manages to make 70’s comic Benny Hill seem contemporary as he bumbles his way through slapstick humour in his role as sidekick rookie cop Ben Barber.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
With some Grand Theft Auto allusions thrown in for good measure and a likeable hit with the ladies Chinese nerdy computer hacker, (Ken Jeong), the comedy is sadly not even close to sharp.
The best thing about the film is some decent music, the most notable playing as the closing titles roll - the KRS track Sound of da Police.
A welcome tune after dozing in and out of consciousness for 102 minutes - in those comfy seats.
Ride Along 2 (12A) is showing at The Light this week.