Natalie Imbruglia to make stage debut at Cambridge Arts Theatre in Things We Do For Love
- Credit: Archant
Pop star Natalie Imbruglia makes her stage debut next month in Alan Ayckbourn’s Things We Do For Love, at Cambridge Arts Theatre.
Set in South West London, Things We Do For Love tells the story of Barbara, who lives on the middle floor of her converted house. Postman and part-time plumber Gilbert lives downstairs and has created a shrine to his landlady.
The upstairs is empty, leaving a bolthole for Barbara’s old schoolfriend Nikki and her fiancé Hamish. Hamish is everything that Barbara hates and Hamish takes an instant disliking towards Barbara.
However, the two adversaries fall in love.
Imbruglia has had a successful career as an actress and a singer, receiving three Grammy nominations and two Brit Awards.
The play runs from May 5-10. Tickets, from £15-£30, are available from 01223 503333.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 4 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village