Natalie Imbruglia to make stage debut at Cambridge Arts Theatre in Things We Do For Love
- Credit: Archant
Pop star Natalie Imbruglia makes her stage debut next month in Alan Ayckbourn’s Things We Do For Love, at Cambridge Arts Theatre.
Set in South West London, Things We Do For Love tells the story of Barbara, who lives on the middle floor of her converted house. Postman and part-time plumber Gilbert lives downstairs and has created a shrine to his landlady.
The upstairs is empty, leaving a bolthole for Barbara’s old schoolfriend Nikki and her fiancé Hamish. Hamish is everything that Barbara hates and Hamish takes an instant disliking towards Barbara.
However, the two adversaries fall in love.
Imbruglia has had a successful career as an actress and a singer, receiving three Grammy nominations and two Brit Awards.
You may also want to watch:
The play runs from May 5-10. Tickets, from £15-£30, are available from 01223 503333.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 9 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list