Natalie Imbruglia to make stage debut at Cambridge Arts Theatre in Things We Do For Love
- Credit: Archant
Pop star Natalie Imbruglia makes her stage debut next month in Alan Ayckbourn’s Things We Do For Love, at Cambridge Arts Theatre.
Set in South West London, Things We Do For Love tells the story of Barbara, who lives on the middle floor of her converted house. Postman and part-time plumber Gilbert lives downstairs and has created a shrine to his landlady.
The upstairs is empty, leaving a bolthole for Barbara’s old schoolfriend Nikki and her fiancé Hamish. Hamish is everything that Barbara hates and Hamish takes an instant disliking towards Barbara.
However, the two adversaries fall in love.
Imbruglia has had a successful career as an actress and a singer, receiving three Grammy nominations and two Brit Awards.
You may also want to watch:
The play runs from May 5-10. Tickets, from £15-£30, are available from 01223 503333.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years