Natalie Imbruglia to make stage debut at Cambridge Arts Theatre in Things We Do For Love
- Credit: Archant
Pop star Natalie Imbruglia makes her stage debut next month in Alan Ayckbourn’s Things We Do For Love, at Cambridge Arts Theatre.
Set in South West London, Things We Do For Love tells the story of Barbara, who lives on the middle floor of her converted house. Postman and part-time plumber Gilbert lives downstairs and has created a shrine to his landlady.
The upstairs is empty, leaving a bolthole for Barbara’s old schoolfriend Nikki and her fiancé Hamish. Hamish is everything that Barbara hates and Hamish takes an instant disliking towards Barbara.
However, the two adversaries fall in love.
Imbruglia has had a successful career as an actress and a singer, receiving three Grammy nominations and two Brit Awards.
You may also want to watch:
The play runs from May 5-10. Tickets, from £15-£30, are available from 01223 503333.
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 4 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 5 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 6 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden