Neighbours to host fund raiser to help arson hit Fenland community hall
THREE Holes Village Hall renovations will be getting some help thanks to the ‘Fab Four’ and Nigel Smith the organiser of the Hall’s regular Jazz Club.
Friends of the Jazz Club, keen to get back to their usual home, are staging a Beatles-inspired, charity concert to help raise funds towards the renovation of the hall.
The hall was set alight by arsonists back in April and insurers have only now given permission for work on the clean-up to start in advance of renovations.
The event is being held at Upwell Community Primary School on Saturday 2 July at 7.30pm and all the well known hits and iconic songs will be played in different styles, by Gra’am’s Trousers, The Nigel Portass Project and with Gary Raven on guitar and vocals.
“I’ve had people of all ages telling me what a big part the Village Hall has played in their lives over the years” says Brian Ranger, committee chairman.
You may also want to watch:
“Everything from singing a solo at the Chapel anniversary, learning how to waltz, one family celebrating all its weddings and get-togethers there and others telling me how as teenagers they used to sneak around the back of the hall for a kiss and a cuddle when they went to the discos.
“We really do need the support of all the people who have enjoyed the hall over the years to help us raise enough money to get it back open as soon as possible.”
- 1 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 2 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 3 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 4 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 5 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 6 BBC’s Johnny Dee all smiles at surprise market place birthday bash
- 7 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 8 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 9 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
Tickets for the evening cost �5 for adults and �2.50 for under 16s and are available in advance from Eddie and Carol 01945 773961, Rita 01945 772236, Sue 01945 772824 or Brian 01945 773710 – or at the door on the night (space permitting).
There will be a bar, refreshments and a raffle at the event and all profits will go to the Three Holes Village Hall Restoration.
For more details contact:
Rita Cuss 01945 772236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org