Neighbours to host fund raiser to help arson hit Fenland community hall
THREE Holes Village Hall renovations will be getting some help thanks to the ‘Fab Four’ and Nigel Smith the organiser of the Hall’s regular Jazz Club.
Friends of the Jazz Club, keen to get back to their usual home, are staging a Beatles-inspired, charity concert to help raise funds towards the renovation of the hall.
The hall was set alight by arsonists back in April and insurers have only now given permission for work on the clean-up to start in advance of renovations.
The event is being held at Upwell Community Primary School on Saturday 2 July at 7.30pm and all the well known hits and iconic songs will be played in different styles, by Gra’am’s Trousers, The Nigel Portass Project and with Gary Raven on guitar and vocals.
“I’ve had people of all ages telling me what a big part the Village Hall has played in their lives over the years” says Brian Ranger, committee chairman.
You may also want to watch:
“Everything from singing a solo at the Chapel anniversary, learning how to waltz, one family celebrating all its weddings and get-togethers there and others telling me how as teenagers they used to sneak around the back of the hall for a kiss and a cuddle when they went to the discos.
“We really do need the support of all the people who have enjoyed the hall over the years to help us raise enough money to get it back open as soon as possible.”
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 3 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 4 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 5 Road closed and residents without water due to burst water main
- 6 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 7 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 8 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 9 Man jailed for trying to arrange sexual abuse of girls and woman
- 10 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
Tickets for the evening cost �5 for adults and �2.50 for under 16s and are available in advance from Eddie and Carol 01945 773961, Rita 01945 772236, Sue 01945 772824 or Brian 01945 773710 – or at the door on the night (space permitting).
There will be a bar, refreshments and a raffle at the event and all profits will go to the Three Holes Village Hall Restoration.
For more details contact:
Rita Cuss 01945 772236 or email email@example.com