New book of terrifying ghost tales from around Cambridgeshire
- Credit: Archant
Prepare to be Scared! A leading paranormal expert and author has gathered together some of the most terrifying tales from around Cambridgeshire for his new book.
Cambridgeshire Ghost Stories by Richard Holland brings together over 50 accounts that will have you on the edge of your seat.
Many of Cambridgeshire’s reported ghosts are shades of its monastic past, including phantom monks, robed in the black habits, and grey ladies which are probably apparitions of nuns.
Other reported ghosts are noisier and more dramatic and include highwaymen, riotous squires, civil war soldiers, knights on horseback and a black-clad man who drags a coffin down a flight of stairs.
There are also animal ghosts, in particular the alarming Black Dogs – huge, hellish hounds that pad along dark lanes and tracks through the Fens.
You may also want to watch:
Published by Bradwell Books, Cambridgeshire Ghost Stories (ISBN: 9781902674742) is available from bookshops, supermarkets and Tourist Information Centres priced at £3.99.
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 8 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 10 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure