Temporary closure of New Theatre Peterborough extended until November due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Credit: Archant
The temporary closure of the New Theatre Peterborough has been extended until November due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Selladoor, which runs the venue, has also confirmed that they have put a plan in place to reopen pre-pantomime season on November 19.
Stuart Shanks, director of venues, said: “It’s heart-breaking to have to extend the temporary closure of our theatres until the autumn.
“However, the safety of our audiences, colleagues and visiting companies is paramount.
“Having worked with the industry sector and considered all government advice and social distancing requirements, we don’t feel we will be able to reopen until November and therefore have been forced to make this regrettable decision.”
You may also want to watch:
“Theatres across the country are the lifeblood of communities, we need each other, now more than ever; and we hope that our loyal audiences will continue to support us.
“We cannot wait to welcome our audiences back into our foyers, bars and auditoria just in time to enjoy a wonderful pantomime season.”
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 10 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
The theatre is asking that customers do not attempt to contact the box office as there are currently no staff onsite at this time to facilitate calls.
All ticket-holders for affected shows will be contacted directly with the option to transfer to the new date, add credit to their account, or obtain a full refund.
There is also the option to donate ticket money to the theatre to help them during the pandemic.