Newton Village Hall to stage premiere performance of new Robert Scott play
NEWTON Village Hall will become one of the first venues to stage the latest work of playwright Robert Scott on Friday.
Mr Scott, who is a published writer, composer, director and producer, will visit the village to put on a one-off premiere of his new play Our Bench.
The play follows the lives of Tom (Liam Atton) and Evelyn (Fiona Waite), who were born in the mid-1930s.
As the world changes around them, the audience can only see the moments they share on an ordinary park bench, which becomes a special place for them.
Mr Scott promises that “with laughter and tears, Our Bench takes you on a journey of a lifetime”.
You may also want to watch:
The premiere of the play is being staged at just seven theatres across the country.
Mr Scott’s first musical, Beauty and the Beast, became a sell-out in 2006 before his second venture Bizzare brought him to the attention of a west-end director.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 3 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 6 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 10 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
He has penned a host of other plays, performing the one-off show Moonlit Sky at Her Majesty’s Theatre in London.
Last year, he directed and produced Oscar Wilde’s The Picture of Dorian Gray at the Robert Ludlam Theatre in Derbyshire.
He has recently formed the Medusa Theatre Group and is writing several sketches and plays to be performed this year.
Act One of Friday’s performance, which starts at 8pm, will feature a revue section performed by Mr Scott and Jo Baddiley.
Tickets, priced at �6 plus an optional �2 to cover refreshments, are available from the Newton Village Hall box office on 01945 871158.