The North Pole Cambridge Ice Rink is a winter wonderland for young and old
- Credit: Archant
Looking for things the whole family can do this Christmas in Cambridgeshire? Try ice-skating at the North Pole Cambridge
The festive season kicks off in magical style this year, with the North Pole Cambridge Ice Rink returning to Parker’s Piece Park from November 17.
Located right in the heart of Cambridge, this winter wonderland for young and old is open until January 6, and is ideal for all skating abilities. It is the perfect day out for groups and families, whatever the weather.
The spacious ice rink has a clear roof, which means skaters can glide around under the stars and keep dry if it rains.
The North Pole Cambridge also has lots of funfair entertainment and amusements the whole family can enjoy. The cosy, undercover Alpine Cabin Bar offers as a seasonal array of food and drinks throughout the skating season.
You may also want to watch:
Travelling to the North Pole couldn’t be easier. Cambridge Railway Station provides great links to and from the city and the surrounding area, and is easily accessible from London. It’s also just a fifteen minute walk away from the North Pole Cambridge Ice Rink.
Open from November 17 to January 6, the rink is open every day except Christmas. 12pm to 9pm on weekdays and 11am to 9pm on weekends. The last skate is at 8pm each night.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 10 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
Adults £12.50, concession (children under 15, pensioners, students) £11, children under 12 £10.50. Family deals for two adults and two children (£41), and for one adult and three children (£39) are available. Groups of ten or more get a 10 per cent of advertised individual ticket prices.
Parkers Piece Park, CB1 1NA; thenorthpolecambridge.co.uk