The North Pole Cambridge Ice Rink is a winter wonderland for young and old
- Credit: Archant
Looking for things the whole family can do this Christmas in Cambridgeshire? Try ice-skating at the North Pole Cambridge
The festive season kicks off in magical style this year, with the North Pole Cambridge Ice Rink returning to Parker’s Piece Park from November 17.
Located right in the heart of Cambridge, this winter wonderland for young and old is open until January 6, and is ideal for all skating abilities. It is the perfect day out for groups and families, whatever the weather.
The spacious ice rink has a clear roof, which means skaters can glide around under the stars and keep dry if it rains.
The North Pole Cambridge also has lots of funfair entertainment and amusements the whole family can enjoy. The cosy, undercover Alpine Cabin Bar offers as a seasonal array of food and drinks throughout the skating season.
You may also want to watch:
Travelling to the North Pole couldn’t be easier. Cambridge Railway Station provides great links to and from the city and the surrounding area, and is easily accessible from London. It’s also just a fifteen minute walk away from the North Pole Cambridge Ice Rink.
Open from November 17 to January 6, the rink is open every day except Christmas. 12pm to 9pm on weekdays and 11am to 9pm on weekends. The last skate is at 8pm each night.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 8 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
Adults £12.50, concession (children under 15, pensioners, students) £11, children under 12 £10.50. Family deals for two adults and two children (£41), and for one adult and three children (£39) are available. Groups of ten or more get a 10 per cent of advertised individual ticket prices.
Parkers Piece Park, CB1 1NA; thenorthpolecambridge.co.uk