Oldest family circus in UK kickstart travelling season with Fenland shows
THE oldest traditional family circus in the UK is kickstarting its first travelling season in four years by visiting Fenland.
Circus Ginnett, which has being wowing crowds across the country since the 1800s, is set to perform eight shows at the Priory Golf Centre in Wimblington, March, starting on Friday.
It is a traditional family circus, which features award-winning performers from across the globe. Acts range from traditional classics like the circus clown to exciting innovations such as motorcycle trapeze.
The show’s climax features a spectacular motorcycle carousel, which sees breathtaking aerial acts performed above bike-riding fire and knife jugglers.
This spine-tingling act won a silver medal at the Monaco Circus Festival and is considered one of the best circus stunts in the UK.
Patrick Austin, a descendant of the Ginnett family, and his son Luke are bringing the show to towns and villages across the country.
Mr Austin has been in the circus his whole life and has toured the world performing.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 9 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
He said: “Circus Ginnett is an entertaining and exciting show for all the family, with traditional circus acts that we hope will delight people of all ages.
“The show has been planned so that there are performances to appeal to every member of the family. We hope that we can continue bringing happiness and joy to all ages for many years to come.”
• Circus Ginnett will be holding shows at Priory Golf Centre, Wimblington, March, at the following dates and times:
Fri April 1st: 7.30pm
Sat April 2nd: 3pm & 6pm
Sun April 3rd: 3pm & 6pm
Mon April 4th: 5pm & 7.30pm
Tue April 5th: 5pm