Oldest family circus in UK kickstart travelling season with Fenland shows
THE oldest traditional family circus in the UK is kickstarting its first travelling season in four years by visiting Fenland.
Circus Ginnett, which has being wowing crowds across the country since the 1800s, is set to perform eight shows at the Priory Golf Centre in Wimblington, March, starting on Friday.
It is a traditional family circus, which features award-winning performers from across the globe. Acts range from traditional classics like the circus clown to exciting innovations such as motorcycle trapeze.
The show’s climax features a spectacular motorcycle carousel, which sees breathtaking aerial acts performed above bike-riding fire and knife jugglers.
This spine-tingling act won a silver medal at the Monaco Circus Festival and is considered one of the best circus stunts in the UK.
You may also want to watch:
Patrick Austin, a descendant of the Ginnett family, and his son Luke are bringing the show to towns and villages across the country.
Mr Austin has been in the circus his whole life and has toured the world performing.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 Animal firm 'left behind' in bid to stay afloat during pandemic
He said: “Circus Ginnett is an entertaining and exciting show for all the family, with traditional circus acts that we hope will delight people of all ages.
“The show has been planned so that there are performances to appeal to every member of the family. We hope that we can continue bringing happiness and joy to all ages for many years to come.”
• Circus Ginnett will be holding shows at Priory Golf Centre, Wimblington, March, at the following dates and times:
Fri April 1st: 7.30pm
Sat April 2nd: 3pm & 6pm
Sun April 3rd: 3pm & 6pm
Mon April 4th: 5pm & 7.30pm
Tue April 5th: 5pm