One of world’s best jazz clarinetists to perform in Wisbech later this month
- Credit: Archant
PETE Neighbour, one of the world’s finest jazz clarinetists, will play at Upwell Jazz Club’s forthcoming event at Three Holes Village Hall, Wisbech, next Sunday.
From humble beginnings growing up in East London music he has established a loyal following with his brand of Swing Era Jazz for the 21st century, performing all over Europe, North America, Australia and Asia.
His performances have included venues as diverse as The Royal Festival Hall in London, The Lincoln Centre in New York, functions for the New York Historical Society, corporate events on board the ‘Orient Express’, parties at the Cannes Film Festival, in French Chateaux, The House of Lords in London and Scottish Baronial castles.
Neighbour has performed at private parties for His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales at Highgrove House as well as at house parties for Sir Michael Caine and Mick Jagger.
Over the years he has performed with many great names from both the British and American jazz scenes, from Al Casey to modern jazz names such as John Critchenson and the late Martin Drew.
He has played regularly alongside Warren Vache, Doc Cheatham, Wild Bill Davidson, Max Kaminsky, Scott Hamilton, George Chisolm, Humphrey Lyttleton and Acker Bilk.
The show takes place on Sunday February 24 from 12.30-2.45pm
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 6 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
Tickets are £5, accompanied under 16s get in for free.
Food and refreshments will be available.