Open day at J H Adams and Sons, Littleport’s historic former ironmongers shop
TAKE a step back in time by visiting the open day at JH Adams and Sons in Littleport on Saturday.
The former ironmonger’s store, in Main Street, was the subject of a community project in the village earlier this year.
It will be open for visitors from 11am-4pm. Visitors can see the documentary film, scale model and living memory book of Littleport that was created during the Family Adams Project.
There are currently plans for the Littleport Society to open the former shop as a heritage centre.
During the seven-month community project, The Family Adams Project team researched the unique history of JH Adams and Sons, covering the years from 1880-1930.
You may also want to watch:
It discovered archives, historic artefacts and created a film, a play and a scale model as part of the community project.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’