Open day at J H Adams and Sons, Littleport’s historic former ironmongers shop
TAKE a step back in time by visiting the open day at JH Adams and Sons in Littleport on Saturday.
The former ironmonger’s store, in Main Street, was the subject of a community project in the village earlier this year.
It will be open for visitors from 11am-4pm. Visitors can see the documentary film, scale model and living memory book of Littleport that was created during the Family Adams Project.
There are currently plans for the Littleport Society to open the former shop as a heritage centre.
During the seven-month community project, The Family Adams Project team researched the unique history of JH Adams and Sons, covering the years from 1880-1930.
It discovered archives, historic artefacts and created a film, a play and a scale model as part of the community project.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 6 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council
- 7 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 8 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections
- 9 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 10 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'