Open day at J H Adams and Sons, Littleport’s historic former ironmongers shop
TAKE a step back in time by visiting the open day at JH Adams and Sons in Littleport on Saturday.
The former ironmonger’s store, in Main Street, was the subject of a community project in the village earlier this year.
It will be open for visitors from 11am-4pm. Visitors can see the documentary film, scale model and living memory book of Littleport that was created during the Family Adams Project.
There are currently plans for the Littleport Society to open the former shop as a heritage centre.
During the seven-month community project, The Family Adams Project team researched the unique history of JH Adams and Sons, covering the years from 1880-1930.
You may also want to watch:
It discovered archives, historic artefacts and created a film, a play and a scale model as part of the community project.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 7 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 8 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 9 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell