Organisers are revving up ready for this weekend’s 42nd annual Haddenham Steam Rally
- Credit: Archant
Preparations are revving up for this weekend’s 42nd Haddenham Steam Rally and Heavy Horse Show.
Today’s (Thursday) bright sunshine is helping organisers get everything set for what promises to be a two days packed with action, fun and nostalgia.
The event, which is being held on Saturday and Sunday (September 12 and 13), is being held off the A1421, Sutton Road at Haddenham (CB6 3PT) and starts on both days from 9am.
The heavy horse show is on Sunday only but the other attractions will held over both days.
It promises to be a nostalgic weekend with over 600 exhibits from a bygone age, working demonstrations by horse, steam and tractor including steam engines, stationary engines and vintage tractors.
You may also want to watch:
There is an olde time fair with steam driven gallopers, Ken Foxes Wall of Death and a bygone and craft marquee and over 80 trade stalls.
Tickets are £10 for adults, accompanied under 16s free and OAPs £8.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 3 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 6 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 7 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 8 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 9 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 10 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
Saturday includes evening entertainment in the beer tent and the festivities end on Sunday at around 4.30pm.
Enquiries contact: 07741 019848 and more information available at: www.haddenhamsteamrally.co.uk