Osiligi Maasai Warriors to give March ‘a performance not to be missed’
- Credit: Archant
The Osiligi Troupe of Maasai Warriors will bring their unique talent to March next weekend.
The show, which organisers are calling ‘a performance not to be missed’, will take place at St Peter’s Church on Saturday October 17.
Described as creating ‘mesmerising’ music, the Troupe experience will give people the opportunity to enjoy the diverse culture of the Maasai.
The seven-piece group comes from the village of Oleopolos and surrounding communities in southern Kenya, around thirty miles south of Nairobi.
They have been performing an annual tour of the UK since 2004.
There will also be crafts and wares available for purchase as well as refreshments and a raffle.
Tickets; £6 (adults) and £3 (children) are available from churchwarden Linda Walker by calling 01354 652881; Johnsons Ironmongers, 6-8 Dartford Road, March by calling 01354 652188 and Philpotts hairdresser, 25 Darthill Road, March by calling 01354 653075.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 6 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 7 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 8 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Could you give these pets a home?