Osiligi Maasai Warriors to give March ‘a performance not to be missed’
- Credit: Archant
The Osiligi Troupe of Maasai Warriors will bring their unique talent to March next weekend.
The show, which organisers are calling ‘a performance not to be missed’, will take place at St Peter’s Church on Saturday October 17.
Described as creating ‘mesmerising’ music, the Troupe experience will give people the opportunity to enjoy the diverse culture of the Maasai.
The seven-piece group comes from the village of Oleopolos and surrounding communities in southern Kenya, around thirty miles south of Nairobi.
They have been performing an annual tour of the UK since 2004.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be crafts and wares available for purchase as well as refreshments and a raffle.
Tickets; £6 (adults) and £3 (children) are available from churchwarden Linda Walker by calling 01354 652881; Johnsons Ironmongers, 6-8 Dartford Road, March by calling 01354 652188 and Philpotts hairdresser, 25 Darthill Road, March by calling 01354 653075.
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 4 Photographer captures the ‘sonic boom’ RAF Typhoon on camera
- 5 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 6 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 7 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 8 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings