Outdoor production of Romeo and Juliet to be staged at Haddenham
WATCHING a Shakespeare production outdoors is a great summer treat, and there’s a chance to see Romeo and Juliet in the garden of a Haddenham home later this month.
StageStruck Theatre is staging the production at Liverpool House, with proceeds being donated to local charities.
The play will be performed eight times over an 11-day period, with stalls and other garden party entertainment before the play starts.
Two years ago, a Midsummer’s Night Dream played to sell out audiences at the same venue, raising more than �3,000 for local organisations and charities.
Liverpool house is the High Street home of John and Sarah Shippey. John said: “We are delighted to report that the production has been chosen to be part of the Royal Shakespeare Company’s Open Stages initiative – a new project that aims to embrace, develop and celebrate amateur theatre.”
You may also want to watch:
Performances take place on the evenings of August 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17 and 18. Gates open at 7pm on weekdays and 6:30pm on the two Fridays and Saturdays; with performances beginning at 7:45pm.
Tickets are still available for August 8, 9, 15 and 16 August, with all tickets costing
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
�8.50. They are available from: Haddenham Galleries, 20 High Street, Haddenham, Ely CB6 XA, phone 01353 749188, e-mail <mailto:email@example.com> firstname.lastname@example.org