Outdoor production of Romeo and Juliet to be staged at Haddenham
WATCHING a Shakespeare production outdoors is a great summer treat, and there’s a chance to see Romeo and Juliet in the garden of a Haddenham home later this month.
StageStruck Theatre is staging the production at Liverpool House, with proceeds being donated to local charities.
The play will be performed eight times over an 11-day period, with stalls and other garden party entertainment before the play starts.
Two years ago, a Midsummer’s Night Dream played to sell out audiences at the same venue, raising more than �3,000 for local organisations and charities.
Liverpool house is the High Street home of John and Sarah Shippey. John said: “We are delighted to report that the production has been chosen to be part of the Royal Shakespeare Company’s Open Stages initiative – a new project that aims to embrace, develop and celebrate amateur theatre.”
You may also want to watch:
Performances take place on the evenings of August 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 16, 17 and 18. Gates open at 7pm on weekdays and 6:30pm on the two Fridays and Saturdays; with performances beginning at 7:45pm.
Tickets are still available for August 8, 9, 15 and 16 August, with all tickets costing
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 10 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
�8.50. They are available from: Haddenham Galleries, 20 High Street, Haddenham, Ely CB6 XA, phone 01353 749188, e-mail <mailto:email@example.com> firstname.lastname@example.org