Papworth Trust organises egg-citing Easter activities in Wisbech for disabled young people
Disability charity Papworth Trust is running a holiday club for disabled young people in Wisbech during the Easter holiday.
Called Fun United, the holiday club will give youngsters aged 11 and over the chance to make new friends and have fun.
The club meets today from 10am-3pm. The morning session is a martial arts workshop at Avadon Academy, in Boleness Road, and is followed in the afternoon by lunch at Wetherspoon’s.
Next Wednesday, activities are held at the Queen Mary Centre from 10am-3pm. The morning session is a bake off competition with a beat this music session in the afternoon.
The young people will need to bring a packed lunch. There is a suggested contribution of £5 a day.
You may also want to watch:
Linda Roberts, transitions business manager at Papworth Trust, said: “Disabled young people want somewhere to go to make new friends and have fun.
“So we run youth clubs where they can get together and enjoy trying out a variety of activities such as cooking, sport, music and dancing. Come along this Easter and find out more about us and what we do.”
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
For more information, call 0800 952 5000 or e-mail email@example.com