Parson Drove Custom and Classic Vehicle Show returns this weekend with organisers hoping to surpass last year’s success
- Credit: Archant
Enthusiasts will converge on Parson Drove Playing Field this weekend for an annual celebration of custom and classic cars, trikes and bikes.
The Parson Drove Custom and Classic Vehicle Show 2014 is not just about custom and classic vehicles - there is also a beer festival, live music from local bands, free camping and a fun fair.
Last year’s event, which had 273 vehicles entered into the show and many more on display, raised more than £5,000 for charity and was the best attended in recent memory.
Gates open on 11am on Saturday, with the beer festival and live music starting at 1pm.
Music line-up: Krusty Whiskers 2-3pm, Rapture 3.15-4.15pm, Gifford 4.30-5.30pm, Jello 5.45-6.45pm, Sound Station 7-8pm, 4play 8.15-9.15pm, Catch 22 9.30-10.30pm, Jello 10.30-11.00pm, Catch 22 11pm-midnight.
On Sunday, gates open at 10am and revellers can look forward to the car, bike and trike show, a fun fair and bouncy castle, arena games, an auto jumble and a display by K & S karts.
There will also be live band The Houndogs and a craft fair.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 6 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 7 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 10 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
Tickets are £5 for the weekend or £3 per day and are available at 01945 700501 or at http://www.customcarbikeandtrikeshow.co.uk/tickets-2014.shtml
Free overnight camping must be pre-booked.