Parson Drove Custom and Classic Vehicle Show returns this weekend with organisers hoping to surpass last year’s success
- Credit: Archant
Enthusiasts will converge on Parson Drove Playing Field this weekend for an annual celebration of custom and classic cars, trikes and bikes.
The Parson Drove Custom and Classic Vehicle Show 2014 is not just about custom and classic vehicles - there is also a beer festival, live music from local bands, free camping and a fun fair.
Last year’s event, which had 273 vehicles entered into the show and many more on display, raised more than £5,000 for charity and was the best attended in recent memory.
Gates open on 11am on Saturday, with the beer festival and live music starting at 1pm.
Music line-up: Krusty Whiskers 2-3pm, Rapture 3.15-4.15pm, Gifford 4.30-5.30pm, Jello 5.45-6.45pm, Sound Station 7-8pm, 4play 8.15-9.15pm, Catch 22 9.30-10.30pm, Jello 10.30-11.00pm, Catch 22 11pm-midnight.
You may also want to watch:
On Sunday, gates open at 10am and revellers can look forward to the car, bike and trike show, a fun fair and bouncy castle, arena games, an auto jumble and a display by K & S karts.
There will also be live band The Houndogs and a craft fair.
- 1 Six slimmers lose 40 stone between them
- 2 Dog theft threat is real says Cambs police
- 3 Town's hidden vaults, cells and crypts brought to life in 3D virtual tour
- 4 The key revelations from Meghan and Harry's Oprah interview
- 5 Council leader faces claim he broke confidentiality on farmgate report
- 6 Appeal after theft of JCB Telehandler
- 7 Wetherspoon refused permission for £2m Ely pub - too big say planners
- 8 Two cars – including Range Rover – stolen overnight in keyless thefts
- 9 Joined up thinking boosts Wisbech and Ely rail projects
- 10 Father of baby killed at Waterbeach criticises response to A10 safety calls
Tickets are £5 for the weekend or £3 per day and are available at 01945 700501 or at http://www.customcarbikeandtrikeshow.co.uk/tickets-2014.shtml
Free overnight camping must be pre-booked.