Paul Weller, Blondie and The Script to perform at Thetford Forest next summer
THREE headline acts have already signed up for the Forestry Commission’s Forest Live concert programme for the summer of 2013, performing in the spectacular woodland location of Thetford Forest.
Paul Weller, Blondie and The Script have been booked to perform gigs in the forest, with profits from the events being spent in improving the woodland for both people and wildlife.
Weller will perform on Friday July 12, and tickets cost �39. Weller is acclaimed as one of the greatest singer songwriters of British popular music, and this is the third time he has performed at Thetford Forest.
Blondie, fronted by pop icon Deborah Harry, will perform with special guests The Lightning Seeds on Saturday June 15, and tickets cost �36.
Dublin’s finest, The Script, will play on Thursday July 11 with special guests, and tickets for that performance are priced at �32.50.
Forest Live is an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding or sponsorship.
Box office: 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward