Paul Weller, Blondie and The Script to perform at Thetford Forest next summer
THREE headline acts have already signed up for the Forestry Commission’s Forest Live concert programme for the summer of 2013, performing in the spectacular woodland location of Thetford Forest.
Paul Weller, Blondie and The Script have been booked to perform gigs in the forest, with profits from the events being spent in improving the woodland for both people and wildlife.
Weller will perform on Friday July 12, and tickets cost �39. Weller is acclaimed as one of the greatest singer songwriters of British popular music, and this is the third time he has performed at Thetford Forest.
Blondie, fronted by pop icon Deborah Harry, will perform with special guests The Lightning Seeds on Saturday June 15, and tickets cost �36.
Dublin’s finest, The Script, will play on Thursday July 11 with special guests, and tickets for that performance are priced at �32.50.
You may also want to watch:
Forest Live is an independent programme organised by the Forestry Commission bringing music to new audiences without commercial branding or sponsorship.
Box office: 03000 680400 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music
- 1 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 2 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 3 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 4 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 5 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 6 BBC’s Johnny Dee all smiles at surprise market place birthday bash
- 7 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 8 Lorry driver makes a fundamental error at Fenland roundabout...
- 9 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action