Peckover House open for visitors with conservation work in the spotlight
- Credit: Archant
Visitors can witness the conservation work which takes place at Peckover House over the coming weeks.
The garden, tea room and shop at the National Trust house in Wisbech will be open at weekends only from Saturday, January 10 to Sunday, February 22, from noon to last admission at 3.30pm.
There will be two talks in the house during the afternoon, at 1.30pm and 3pm. Booking for these is advisable, as numbers are limited.
House steward Carole French said: “There is always plenty going on at Peckover during the winter and we’d like to give visitors an opportunity to see the sort of conservation work we do.
“I am very pleased to be continuing the talks in the house this year.”
Diane Smith, of Peckover House, added: “It is a time when the garden is at its most peaceful, a time when the first signs of the coming spring can be glimpsed.
“A walk in this atmospheric and inspiring place, enjoying the early shrubs and bulbs, can be made complete with warming soup and hot drinks that are available in the Reed Barn tea room.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
“Added to all that, as with last year there is the chance to take a look at the conservation work that is going on in the house.”
Admission is free for National Trust members, with the normal garden entrance fee applicable otherwise.
To book a place on a talk or for further information, phone Peckover House on 01945 583463.