Peterborough Cathedral offers opportunity to watch royal wedding live
FOR those who wish to watch the royal wedding and feel as if they were in Westminster Abbey, Peterborough Cathedral is offering the opportunity to watch the royal wedding.
Big screens are being erected in the Nave so that Peterborough Cathedral can host a congregation which will have gathered specifically to enjoy the majesty of the ceremony in similar surroundings to those at Westminster Abbey.
Peterborough Cathedral hopes people will attend and follow the service in the spirit of attending the wedding ceremony itself.
The Dean of Peterborough, The Very Reverend Charles Taylor said: “This is a unique partnership between Peterborough Cathedral, St John’s Church and Peterborough City Council. We decided to focus in on the service and the sanctity of their vows and allow Peterborough people to feel part of the day and involved in the actual service.
“Many communities across Peterborough are holding street parties and we felt as a city it would be most fitting to offer people a unique and glorious to gather as one community to join in with the service before they go and celebrate with friends and family.”
You may also want to watch:
Everyone is welcome to join the celebrations on April 29. The cathedral will be open from 10.30am with the service starting at 11am.
Annette Joyce, the city council’s head of commercial operations, said: “This is a great chance for people to celebrate the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton in the beautiful surroundings of Peterborough Cathedral. This is a unique and very special occasion and we felt our residents would enjoy the opportunity to watch the wedding in this fitting location.”
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit