Peterborough to host Shire Horse Society Spring Show
PETERBOROUGH is set to host the largest gathering of shire horses in the world this year.
Final preparations are underway for the Shire Horse Society Spring Show, which will provide a stunning spectacle on the East of England Showground from March 16-18.
Enthusiasts are travelling from Switzerland, Holland and Sweden to show their horses in the event and further spectators are expected from across the world.
The Shire Horse Society – which counts the Queen as its patron – is a registered charity that helps raise funds to support the threatened breed.
Families attending this year’s show can also look forward to a host of other attractions including a farriery competition.
You may also want to watch:
Other attractions include a Victorian fun fair, donkey rides, trade stands, dog agility demonstrations and a vintage tractor display.
? A discounted rate on tickets is available by calling 01733 234551 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm). For more details about the society or the show go to www.shire-horse.org.uk
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations