Peterborough to host Shire Horse Society Spring Show
PETERBOROUGH is set to host the largest gathering of shire horses in the world this year.
Final preparations are underway for the Shire Horse Society Spring Show, which will provide a stunning spectacle on the East of England Showground from March 16-18.
Enthusiasts are travelling from Switzerland, Holland and Sweden to show their horses in the event and further spectators are expected from across the world.
The Shire Horse Society – which counts the Queen as its patron – is a registered charity that helps raise funds to support the threatened breed.
Families attending this year’s show can also look forward to a host of other attractions including a farriery competition.
You may also want to watch:
Other attractions include a Victorian fun fair, donkey rides, trade stands, dog agility demonstrations and a vintage tractor display.
? A discounted rate on tickets is available by calling 01733 234551 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm). For more details about the society or the show go to www.shire-horse.org.uk
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless