Peterborough to host Shire Horse Society Spring Show
PETERBOROUGH is set to host the largest gathering of shire horses in the world this year.
Final preparations are underway for the Shire Horse Society Spring Show, which will provide a stunning spectacle on the East of England Showground from March 16-18.
Enthusiasts are travelling from Switzerland, Holland and Sweden to show their horses in the event and further spectators are expected from across the world.
The Shire Horse Society – which counts the Queen as its patron – is a registered charity that helps raise funds to support the threatened breed.
Families attending this year’s show can also look forward to a host of other attractions including a farriery competition.
You may also want to watch:
Other attractions include a Victorian fun fair, donkey rides, trade stands, dog agility demonstrations and a vintage tractor display.
? A discounted rate on tickets is available by calling 01733 234551 (Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm). For more details about the society or the show go to www.shire-horse.org.uk
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack