Philip Pullman’s fantasy world coming to Wisbech as RATz perform ‘His Dark Materials’
THE fantasy world of author Philip Pullman will descend on Wisbech next month when drama group RATz take to the stage at the Angles Theatre.
Director James Lee-Campbell and his cast are putting on ‘His Dark Materials’ - a play based on Pullman’s trilogy of books Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass.
The books, which were later turned into the film The Golden Compass, sees heroine Lyra, played by Annie Larkin, begin an epic adventure through parallel worlds with hero Will Parry, played by Josh Fish.
Every human in the play has an alter-ego, described by Pullman as a daemon, with actors to operate puppets to bring the author’s work to life.
Also starring in the RATz production will be Nick Hall, Hannah Fretwell, Liam Nixon, Jack Hurst and Eden Carver.
You may also want to watch:
The play runs from November 9-12 with the performance starting at 7.30pm on every night apart from Thursday November 10, when it will begin at 8.30pm.
Tickets are available from the box office on 01945 474447 at �11 for adults and �9 for concessions.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met