Philip Pullman’s fantasy world coming to Wisbech as RATz perform ‘His Dark Materials’
THE fantasy world of author Philip Pullman will descend on Wisbech next month when drama group RATz take to the stage at the Angles Theatre.
Director James Lee-Campbell and his cast are putting on ‘His Dark Materials’ - a play based on Pullman’s trilogy of books Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass.
The books, which were later turned into the film The Golden Compass, sees heroine Lyra, played by Annie Larkin, begin an epic adventure through parallel worlds with hero Will Parry, played by Josh Fish.
Every human in the play has an alter-ego, described by Pullman as a daemon, with actors to operate puppets to bring the author’s work to life.
Also starring in the RATz production will be Nick Hall, Hannah Fretwell, Liam Nixon, Jack Hurst and Eden Carver.
The play runs from November 9-12 with the performance starting at 7.30pm on every night apart from Thursday November 10, when it will begin at 8.30pm.
Tickets are available from the box office on 01945 474447 at �11 for adults and �9 for concessions.
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 3 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 6 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 7 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Gill ready to 'give fans a show' amid European title frustration