Philip Pullman’s fantasy world coming to Wisbech as RATz perform ‘His Dark Materials’
THE fantasy world of author Philip Pullman will descend on Wisbech next month when drama group RATz take to the stage at the Angles Theatre.
Director James Lee-Campbell and his cast are putting on ‘His Dark Materials’ - a play based on Pullman’s trilogy of books Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass.
The books, which were later turned into the film The Golden Compass, sees heroine Lyra, played by Annie Larkin, begin an epic adventure through parallel worlds with hero Will Parry, played by Josh Fish.
Every human in the play has an alter-ego, described by Pullman as a daemon, with actors to operate puppets to bring the author’s work to life.
Also starring in the RATz production will be Nick Hall, Hannah Fretwell, Liam Nixon, Jack Hurst and Eden Carver.
You may also want to watch:
The play runs from November 9-12 with the performance starting at 7.30pm on every night apart from Thursday November 10, when it will begin at 8.30pm.
Tickets are available from the box office on 01945 474447 at �11 for adults and �9 for concessions.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 4 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school