Photography exhibition and book sale at March Railway Station next month
- Credit: Archant
Rail enthusiasts and photographers are invited to take a look around March Railway Station during an open day next month.
On Saturday March 12 between 10am and 2pm, the station will be throwing open its door to host a photography exhibition and book sale.
The station, which is on the Hereward Line, celebrated its 130th anniversary in September and saw both the staff and station adopter teams scoop awards for their dedication and hard work.
The photography display will be held in the community room on platform two.
Adrian Sutterby, chairman of Friends of March Railway Station, said: “A lot of work is carried out behind the scenes and this is a great opportunity for us to tell people about the work we do, and for them to find out more about the station and its history.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone is welcome and we hope to see as many people as possible on the day.”
- 1 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 2 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 3 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 4 Students highlight road safety in new films
- 5 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 6 Police find string of ponies in middle of Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 8 Freed from custody, animal rights campaigner back at Camp Beagle
- 9 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 10 Six-year-old fundraising for air ambulance charity that helped sister during seizure