Photography exhibition and book sale at March Railway Station next month
- Credit: Archant
Rail enthusiasts and photographers are invited to take a look around March Railway Station during an open day next month.
On Saturday March 12 between 10am and 2pm, the station will be throwing open its door to host a photography exhibition and book sale.
The station, which is on the Hereward Line, celebrated its 130th anniversary in September and saw both the staff and station adopter teams scoop awards for their dedication and hard work.
The photography display will be held in the community room on platform two.
Adrian Sutterby, chairman of Friends of March Railway Station, said: “A lot of work is carried out behind the scenes and this is a great opportunity for us to tell people about the work we do, and for them to find out more about the station and its history.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone is welcome and we hope to see as many people as possible on the day.”
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 7 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 8 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory