Picked by Jessie J on BBC’s The Voice, top duo De’Vide among acts booked for ManorFest at Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
TEN live bands are on the bill for ManorFest, the big music and beer festival being staged at the Manor leisure centre in Whittlesey on Saturday, August 31.
They include Purple Zeppelin, the highly regarded tribute band to rock legends Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin, and De’Vide, the duo who were picked as one of Jessie J’s team on the recent series of The Voice on BBC1.
The festival will also feature dance and circus workshops, skate coaching, parkour (free running) demonstrations and a graffiti artist. There will also be plenty of food stalls and a bar stocked with a range of beers from Oakham Ales.
Councillor Pop Jolley, Fenland District Council’s portfolio holder responsible for leisure, said: “This promises to be a really fantastic event. The Manor has proved itself to be a terrific venue and we’ve managed to put together a great mix of music and other entertainment to round off the summer holidays. It’s something that we hope will attract people not just from all over Fenland but from much further afield as well.”
The other bands in the line-up are: James Edmonds, Symptom, New Generation Crash and Burn, Richard McMahon, The Various Artists, Supreme Show, Jessie’s Ghost and On The Ceiling.
You may also want to watch:
Gates will open at the Manor at 1pm, with entertainment continuing throughout the afternoon and evening, culminating with De’Vide taking to the stage at around 10pm. The bar will remain open until 11pm.
Tickets are now on sale and available from any of FDC’s four leisure centres. If bought in advance, they cost £7 per adult, £5 per junior (under 18) and £20 per family ticket (2 adults, 2 children). On the day, they will be £7.50 per adult, £5.50 per junior and £22 per family ticket.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
For more details, call Jess Lockhart at FDC on 01354 622399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org