Picked by Jessie J on BBC’s The Voice, top duo De’Vide among acts booked for ManorFest at Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
TEN live bands are on the bill for ManorFest, the big music and beer festival being staged at the Manor leisure centre in Whittlesey on Saturday, August 31.
They include Purple Zeppelin, the highly regarded tribute band to rock legends Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin, and De’Vide, the duo who were picked as one of Jessie J’s team on the recent series of The Voice on BBC1.
The festival will also feature dance and circus workshops, skate coaching, parkour (free running) demonstrations and a graffiti artist. There will also be plenty of food stalls and a bar stocked with a range of beers from Oakham Ales.
Councillor Pop Jolley, Fenland District Council’s portfolio holder responsible for leisure, said: “This promises to be a really fantastic event. The Manor has proved itself to be a terrific venue and we’ve managed to put together a great mix of music and other entertainment to round off the summer holidays. It’s something that we hope will attract people not just from all over Fenland but from much further afield as well.”
The other bands in the line-up are: James Edmonds, Symptom, New Generation Crash and Burn, Richard McMahon, The Various Artists, Supreme Show, Jessie’s Ghost and On The Ceiling.
Gates will open at the Manor at 1pm, with entertainment continuing throughout the afternoon and evening, culminating with De’Vide taking to the stage at around 10pm. The bar will remain open until 11pm.
Tickets are now on sale and available from any of FDC’s four leisure centres. If bought in advance, they cost £7 per adult, £5 per junior (under 18) and £20 per family ticket (2 adults, 2 children). On the day, they will be £7.50 per adult, £5.50 per junior and £22 per family ticket.
- 1 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 2 Take a look inside this £600,000 converted barn hidden in the Fens
- 3 Real living wage given to frontline care home workers
- 4 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 6 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 7 Man taken to hospital after 'welfare' concerns
- 8 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 9 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 10 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
For more details, call Jess Lockhart at FDC on 01354 622399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org