Plans well advanced for this year’s Whittlesey Christmas Extravaganza
WHITTLESEY’S Christmas Extravaganza evening takes place this year on Friday December 10.
The annual event is organised by Whittlesey and District Business Forum, with many businesses in the town to stay open until 8pm offering shoppers a great chance to grab a Festive bargain.
A variety of charities will have stalls around the Market Square with raffles, tombolas and gifts. Other attractions include a funfair, face painting and balloon modelling.
To get visitors in the Christmas spirit even more, there will also be roast chestnuts and a visit by Santa in his grotto.
The Friends of St Mary’s Church is also holding its annual Christmas tree festival from December 10-12. The medieval church will be open from 10am-8pm on the Friday and from 10am-5pm on the Saturday and the Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Admission costs �2 for over-16s and �1 for children age five to 16. All money raised is for the upkeep of the church.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless