Plans well advanced for this year’s Whittlesey Christmas Extravaganza
WHITTLESEY’S Christmas Extravaganza evening takes place this year on Friday December 10.
The annual event is organised by Whittlesey and District Business Forum, with many businesses in the town to stay open until 8pm offering shoppers a great chance to grab a Festive bargain.
A variety of charities will have stalls around the Market Square with raffles, tombolas and gifts. Other attractions include a funfair, face painting and balloon modelling.
To get visitors in the Christmas spirit even more, there will also be roast chestnuts and a visit by Santa in his grotto.
The Friends of St Mary’s Church is also holding its annual Christmas tree festival from December 10-12. The medieval church will be open from 10am-8pm on the Friday and from 10am-5pm on the Saturday and the Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Admission costs �2 for over-16s and �1 for children age five to 16. All money raised is for the upkeep of the church.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 7 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 8 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton