Plans well advanced for this year’s Whittlesey Christmas Extravaganza
WHITTLESEY’S Christmas Extravaganza evening takes place this year on Friday December 10.
The annual event is organised by Whittlesey and District Business Forum, with many businesses in the town to stay open until 8pm offering shoppers a great chance to grab a Festive bargain.
A variety of charities will have stalls around the Market Square with raffles, tombolas and gifts. Other attractions include a funfair, face painting and balloon modelling.
To get visitors in the Christmas spirit even more, there will also be roast chestnuts and a visit by Santa in his grotto.
The Friends of St Mary’s Church is also holding its annual Christmas tree festival from December 10-12. The medieval church will be open from 10am-8pm on the Friday and from 10am-5pm on the Saturday and the Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Admission costs �2 for over-16s and �1 for children age five to 16. All money raised is for the upkeep of the church.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack