Play written by Anglian Players chairman returns to stage at Angles Theatre, Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A gripping comedy adventure, which was written by the chairman of a Fenland theatre group, has opened at the Angles Theatre in Wisbech.
Alan Hooks wrote the two-act comedy Reality Check five years ago. Last year it was performed by the Anglian Players at March Town Hall - and thanks to its success is being performed at the Angles.
The tale focuses on the main character, Peter, who lives alone in his flat and is at stage of his life where he wonders where life will take him.
He’s a writer although in his mother’s eyes he has always been a disappointment, especially as his brother is a successful banker. To add insult to injury Peter’s brother, James, married Peter’s long-term girlfriend Amy.
Add to the mix Peter’s friend Simon, who seems to be a permanent resident in Peter’s flat, and the madcap sketches that Peter writes coming to life in between each scene, you have a comedy that is both touching at times yet also very funny and almost surreal.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Hooks describes the play was a witty yet moving storyline with cracking sketches that will have the audience roaring with laughter.
It is recommended for people aged over 11.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
Performances take place on October 16-18 at the Angles, from 7.30pm each day. Tickets cost £11, £9 concessions. To purchase, contact the Angles box office on 01945 474447.