Poetic look at Fenland through dance coming to March
- Credit: Archant
THE essence of Fenland will be conveyed through dance and theatre at March Town Hall on June 26.
Dan Canham, choreographer, performer and creative lead of Still House, presents ‘Ours Was The Fen Country’.
For the past two years Dan has interviewed Fenland’s eel-catchers, farmers, parish councilors, molly dancers and conservationists to help him understand the district.
Dan said: “My ensemble and I fuse movement and sound with the words and memories of their native collaborators to get to the heart of this beautiful, bleak and mysterious expanse of flat land and dig up universal stories of rural communities fading from view.
“Ours Was The Fen Country is an exhilarating and poetic look at the inevitability of change from the voices of those who still know the old words.”
You may also want to watch:
The performance starts at 7.45pm. Tickets are £10, £8 for concessions and can be purchased on the door or by calling 01473 295900.
For all the latest events at March Town Hall go to www.marchtownhallevents.co.uk
- 1 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 3 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 4 Cannabis factory uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 7 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 10 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders