Poetic look at Fenland through dance coming to March
- Credit: Archant
THE essence of Fenland will be conveyed through dance and theatre at March Town Hall on June 26.
Dan Canham, choreographer, performer and creative lead of Still House, presents ‘Ours Was The Fen Country’.
For the past two years Dan has interviewed Fenland’s eel-catchers, farmers, parish councilors, molly dancers and conservationists to help him understand the district.
Dan said: “My ensemble and I fuse movement and sound with the words and memories of their native collaborators to get to the heart of this beautiful, bleak and mysterious expanse of flat land and dig up universal stories of rural communities fading from view.
“Ours Was The Fen Country is an exhilarating and poetic look at the inevitability of change from the voices of those who still know the old words.”
You may also want to watch:
The performance starts at 7.45pm. Tickets are £10, £8 for concessions and can be purchased on the door or by calling 01473 295900.
For all the latest events at March Town Hall go to www.marchtownhallevents.co.uk
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 7 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 8 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash