Popular Ely Folk Festival is a hit with revellers
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Ely Folk Festival 2014 is shaping up to be a sell-out.
Tickets have been flying out the door since the box office opened in February, and there are just tickets remaining - for the Friday evening and Sunday events only.
From the accomplished sound of young Scottish band Barluath, who will open the festival on Friday evening, to the driving vocals and energy of Eddi Reader, who will close the festival on Sunday evening.
Fionnuala Lennon, from the festival, said: “I think the great weather has meant that lots of people have decided it would be fun to get their tents out and camp at the festival this year, so we are now sold out of both weekend and Saturday tickets.
“This year’s line-up is one of our most exciting and varied for many years and it has really proved popular with music lovers.
You may also want to watch:
“Aside from the concerts, we’ve got ceilidhs, kids entertainment, workshops, music sessions & a well-stocked beer tent, and of course the festival Morris procession will dance its way through the streets of Ely on the morning of July 12.”
With more than 30 folk and roots acts performing over the weekend, numerous workshops and ceilidhs, kids entertainment, music sessions, a real ale bar, craft and food stalls and lots of morris dancing, the festival offers something for everyone to enjoy as well as great value for money.
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 5 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
Reduced price tickets for concessions and young people are available. Kids under 10 get free entry. Details about ticket prices and how to book tickets are available at www.elyfolkfestival.co.uk