Preparations continue for this weekend’s open gardens event in Fenland
PREPARATIONS are continuing for this weekend’s St Mary’s Church Open Garden event.
Twelve residents’ gardens in March will be open at a variety of times on Saturday and Sunday for enthusiasts to visit. Money raised from the event will go towards the fund to help restore the church in Westry, which was destroyed by fire more than a year ago.
Some gardens will offer lunch or supper - which needs to be booked beforehand - while others will supply light refreshments, including cream teas, cakes and ice cream.
It is hoped that people will purchase a programme in advance so that they can book a meal and plan their route around the gardens which are all expected to offer their own interesting activities to keep crowds amused throughout their visit.
The programmes, costing �2.50, allows entrance for one person to all gardens as well as giving details of opening times and other attractions. Children accompanied by an adult will have free admission.
You may also want to watch:
Programmes can be bought from Johnson Ironmongers (01354 652188), Philpott’s Hairdressers (01354 652841), Margery Payne (01354 652841) and Pat Quince (01354 653761).
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police