Preparations continue for this weekend’s open gardens event in Fenland
PREPARATIONS are continuing for this weekend’s St Mary’s Church Open Garden event.
Twelve residents’ gardens in March will be open at a variety of times on Saturday and Sunday for enthusiasts to visit. Money raised from the event will go towards the fund to help restore the church in Westry, which was destroyed by fire more than a year ago.
Some gardens will offer lunch or supper - which needs to be booked beforehand - while others will supply light refreshments, including cream teas, cakes and ice cream.
It is hoped that people will purchase a programme in advance so that they can book a meal and plan their route around the gardens which are all expected to offer their own interesting activities to keep crowds amused throughout their visit.
The programmes, costing �2.50, allows entrance for one person to all gardens as well as giving details of opening times and other attractions. Children accompanied by an adult will have free admission.
You may also want to watch:
Programmes can be bought from Johnson Ironmongers (01354 652188), Philpott’s Hairdressers (01354 652841), Margery Payne (01354 652841) and Pat Quince (01354 653761).
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 8 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success