Preparations continue for this weekend’s open gardens event in Fenland
PREPARATIONS are continuing for this weekend’s St Mary’s Church Open Garden event.
Twelve residents’ gardens in March will be open at a variety of times on Saturday and Sunday for enthusiasts to visit. Money raised from the event will go towards the fund to help restore the church in Westry, which was destroyed by fire more than a year ago.
Some gardens will offer lunch or supper - which needs to be booked beforehand - while others will supply light refreshments, including cream teas, cakes and ice cream.
It is hoped that people will purchase a programme in advance so that they can book a meal and plan their route around the gardens which are all expected to offer their own interesting activities to keep crowds amused throughout their visit.
The programmes, costing �2.50, allows entrance for one person to all gardens as well as giving details of opening times and other attractions. Children accompanied by an adult will have free admission.
Programmes can be bought from Johnson Ironmongers (01354 652188), Philpott’s Hairdressers (01354 652841), Margery Payne (01354 652841) and Pat Quince (01354 653761).
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 4 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 5 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks