Programme of classical music, jazz, folk, comedy and talks revealed for 65th King’s Lynn Festival
- Credit: Archant
One of the most exciting and ambitious King’s Lynn Festival programmes has been revealed for its 65th running.
A wide-ranging programme of classical music, jazz, folk, talks and films will all feature in the festival, which runs from July 12-25.
It will include four orchestras, trumpet virtuoso Crispian Steele-Perkins, veteran comedian Barry Cryer and historian/broadcaster Andrew Graham-Dixon.
Special events to look forward to include:
• The BBC Concert Orchestra recording an edition of Radio 2’s Friday Night is Music Night on July 20,
You may also want to watch:
• A Royal Shakespeare Company production of songs written for Shakespeare’s plays, which will be staged in St George’s Guildhall on July 13 – the first time it will have been seen outside Stratford,
• An exhibition in partnership with The Sainsbury Centre for Visual Arts, which is to loan work of portrait photographer John Hedgecoe.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
The Festival includes leading pianists Freddy Kempf and Benjamin Grosvenor, plus rising stars of the classical music world at five coffee concerts.
Ambrose Miller, the festival’s artistic director, described the programme as “one of the most ambitious we have presented – and it has something for everyone”.
Priority booking for patrons and friends starts on April 7, while the box office (01553 764864) opens for general booking on April 27.