Programmes go on sale for open gardens event in Fenland
PROGRAMMES have gone on sale for this year’s St Mary’s Church Open Gardens event in June.
A variety of residents’ gardens in and around March will be open on June 18 and 19 for enthusiasts to visit. Money raised from the event will go towards the fund to help restore the church in Westry, which was destroyed by fire more than a year ago.
Some gardens will offer lunch or supper - which needs to be booked beforehand - while others will supply light refreshments, including cream teas, cakes and ice cream.
It is hoped that people will purchase a programme in advance so that they can book a meal and plan their route around the gardens.
Eleven gardens are expected to be part of the event, with each offering their own interesting activities to keep the crowds amused throughout their visit.
You may also want to watch:
The programmes, costing �2.50, allows entrance for one person to all gardens as well as giving details of opening times and other attractions. Children accompanied by an adult will have free admission.
Programmes can be bought from Johnson Ironmongers (01354 652188), Philpott’s Hairdressers (01354 652841), Margery Payne (01354 652841) and Pat Quince (01354 653761).
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 5 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim