Programmes go on sale for open gardens event in Fenland
PROGRAMMES have gone on sale for this year’s St Mary’s Church Open Gardens event in June.
A variety of residents’ gardens in and around March will be open on June 18 and 19 for enthusiasts to visit. Money raised from the event will go towards the fund to help restore the church in Westry, which was destroyed by fire more than a year ago.
Some gardens will offer lunch or supper - which needs to be booked beforehand - while others will supply light refreshments, including cream teas, cakes and ice cream.
It is hoped that people will purchase a programme in advance so that they can book a meal and plan their route around the gardens.
Eleven gardens are expected to be part of the event, with each offering their own interesting activities to keep the crowds amused throughout their visit.
You may also want to watch:
The programmes, costing �2.50, allows entrance for one person to all gardens as well as giving details of opening times and other attractions. Children accompanied by an adult will have free admission.
Programmes can be bought from Johnson Ironmongers (01354 652188), Philpott’s Hairdressers (01354 652841), Margery Payne (01354 652841) and Pat Quince (01354 653761).
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy