Programmes go on sale for open gardens event in Fenland
PROGRAMMES have gone on sale for this year’s St Mary’s Church Open Gardens event in June.
A variety of residents’ gardens in and around March will be open on June 18 and 19 for enthusiasts to visit. Money raised from the event will go towards the fund to help restore the church in Westry, which was destroyed by fire more than a year ago.
Some gardens will offer lunch or supper - which needs to be booked beforehand - while others will supply light refreshments, including cream teas, cakes and ice cream.
It is hoped that people will purchase a programme in advance so that they can book a meal and plan their route around the gardens.
Eleven gardens are expected to be part of the event, with each offering their own interesting activities to keep the crowds amused throughout their visit.
You may also want to watch:
The programmes, costing �2.50, allows entrance for one person to all gardens as well as giving details of opening times and other attractions. Children accompanied by an adult will have free admission.
Programmes can be bought from Johnson Ironmongers (01354 652188), Philpott’s Hairdressers (01354 652841), Margery Payne (01354 652841) and Pat Quince (01354 653761).
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 5 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 6 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 7 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 8 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 9 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 10 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs