Queen tribute act The Bohemians come to Cresset in Peterborough
ALMOST 20 years after the death of Freddie Mercury, the music of Queen is coming to Peterborough.
Tribute act The Bohemians will rock The Cresset tomorrow (Friday) as part of its 2011 tour. The show is the 10th date of the band’s biggest national tour to date, with further dates planned until the 20th anniversary of Freddie’s death this November.
The landmark anniversary has added some additional poignancy to the tour, which also marks the 40th anniversary of Queen’s formation.
With a history of their own spanning 15 years The Bohemians are one of the longest established Queen tributes in the world.
The Bohemians is made up of Rob Comber as Freddie Mercury, Kevin Goodwin as John Deacon, Christopher Gregory as Brian May and Wayne Bourne as Roger Taylor.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Comber believes the performance Queen, and in particular, Freddie Mercury gave, are almost as important as the music.
He says, “On the occasions I was lucky enough to see Queen, they really put on a great show which is what we try to do. They always wanted their fans to be well entertained as well as enjoying some outstanding music.”
- 1 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 2 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 4 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 5 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Election 2021: Tories win Whittlesey by-elections
- 8 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 9 Wimblington murder probe: first photo of victim
- 10 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
Over the last 15 years The Bohemians have built up a strong following touring venues and festivals around the world including India, China and Russia.
During their two-hour set the band play all the huge hits which took Queen to global domination, in addition to putting their own spin on some lesser known numbers.
The Bohemians perform at the Cresset with the ACM Gospel Choir. Tickets cost �17 (�16 for concessions and under-16s).
CONTACT: Cresset Box Office on 01733 265705.