Queen tribute act The Bohemians come to Cresset in Peterborough
ALMOST 20 years after the death of Freddie Mercury, the music of Queen is coming to Peterborough.
Tribute act The Bohemians will rock The Cresset tomorrow (Friday) as part of its 2011 tour. The show is the 10th date of the band’s biggest national tour to date, with further dates planned until the 20th anniversary of Freddie’s death this November.
The landmark anniversary has added some additional poignancy to the tour, which also marks the 40th anniversary of Queen’s formation.
With a history of their own spanning 15 years The Bohemians are one of the longest established Queen tributes in the world.
The Bohemians is made up of Rob Comber as Freddie Mercury, Kevin Goodwin as John Deacon, Christopher Gregory as Brian May and Wayne Bourne as Roger Taylor.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Comber believes the performance Queen, and in particular, Freddie Mercury gave, are almost as important as the music.
He says, “On the occasions I was lucky enough to see Queen, they really put on a great show which is what we try to do. They always wanted their fans to be well entertained as well as enjoying some outstanding music.”
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
Over the last 15 years The Bohemians have built up a strong following touring venues and festivals around the world including India, China and Russia.
During their two-hour set the band play all the huge hits which took Queen to global domination, in addition to putting their own spin on some lesser known numbers.
The Bohemians perform at the Cresset with the ACM Gospel Choir. Tickets cost �17 (�16 for concessions and under-16s).
CONTACT: Cresset Box Office on 01733 265705.