RAF band returning to Wisbech following last year’s successful concert
FOLLOWING the success of their Wisbech concert last year, The Royal Air Force Swing Wing Band will return for another concert to be held in The Main Hall of Thomas Clarkson Community College on April 29.
Doors will open at 7.00pm with the concert starting at 7.30pm. Tickets are as last year at �10 each.
The RAF Swing Wing is a 20-piece band that plays in the style of the popular big bands. Their programme last year included some popular numbers covering the years from the 50s to date, which included vocals from band members Mat Walker and Tracey Hoggets, both of whom will be with us again this time.
Concert day this year is a Bank Holiday to coincide with the Royal Wedding and the band has intimated that there will be something in the programme to mark this event.
All proceeds from the concert will go towards the branch Wings Appeal. Band Sergeant, Rob Scullion said recently that the band played a number of concerts around the country last year and the one in Wisbech was the most memorable. It will be a pleasure to return again this year and help a charitable cause that is dear to our hearts.
You may also want to watch:
For further information or to buy or reserve tickets contact Jan or Ray Hutchinson on 01945 584595.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 4 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19