Raise a glass to Elgoods beer festival in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Independent family-run brewer Elgoods is hosting its popular beer festival along with a chance to appear in a promotional video.
A film crew will be on hand at the event which takes place at the Wisbech-based brewery from Thursday 25 to Saturday 27.
The festival coincides with the nationwide Cask Ale Week celebrations where breweries are opening their doors to the public.
Local beers, food, music and a chance to be filmed in conjunction with the Society of Independent Brewers film crew are among the atttractions on offer.
Around 150 beers from local East Anglian brewers will be available to sample including Elgood’s new fruit and Lambic-style ales.
There will be barbecue food and live bands each evening.
The event is housed within the beautiful four acre gardens of Elgoods which incorporates specimen trees, herbaceous borders, a lake, rockery, water features, herb gardens and a maze.
- 1 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 2 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 3 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 4 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 5 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 6 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 7 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 8 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 9 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 10 Improve your selfies and photographs by joining new group
A film crew will be attending the event to capture a new type of reusable glass, the material of which has been developed by a cousin of the Elgood family. Footage from the beer festival will be used in a promotional video about the new glass that will be shown worldwide.
Tickets cost £3 to pre-book or £4 on the day.
E-mail the brewery directly on email@example.com or telephone +44 (0) 1945 583160 to book.
Festival times are:
25 September – 6.30pm to 10.30pm Dr Busker
26 September - 4pm to 10.30pm Silvester Peat Cutter & the Twilight Boggers a three-piece Irish music band
27 September - 12 noon to 10.30pm B’Wildered
Claire Simpson, Marketing Director at Elgood’s said: “This event is really popular with the community as they get a chance to meet the people behind the beer.
“Having the film crew here will be great fun as visitors will have the chance to star in a promotional video as well as having a great day out.”