Ready for Rio? Peterborough Cathedral Holiday Club takes up Olympic theme
- Credit: Archant
This summer Peterborough Cathedral is offering a week of fun and games for children aged seven to 11.
The 2016 Cathedral Holiday Club will run from Monday 25 to Friday 29 July, from 10am until 3pm daily.
Optional breakfast and afternoon clubs are also available.
The event will take up the summer’s Olympic and Paralympic theme and ask the children “Are you ready for Rio?”.
Activities will vary from energetic games in the cloisters to bread making and exploring inside the historic cathedral.
The holiday club will be led by the cathedral’s experienced team of DBS checked staff and volunteers. Alex Carton, schools and families officer at the cathedral, said: “This is a wonderful opportunity for children to chill out and make friends as well as to find out more about this beautiful cathedral and what it can teach us”.
The Holiday Club costs £50 per child for the whole week or £10 per day.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 5 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 6 Missing woman back home
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 9 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
For more information call 01733 355307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or download details at www.peterborough-cathedral.org.uk/userfiles/holiday-club16.pdf