Red Arrows to fly over Cambridgeshire following Wembley flypast for Euro 2020 final
- Credit: PA
Residents in Cambridgeshire might catch a glimpse of the Red Arrows flying over the county this evening (Sunday).
The RAF Red Arrows are due to stage a Wembley Stadium flypast on Sunday, July 11 ahead of the Euro 2020 final between England and Italy.
The world famous aerobatic team was due to perform at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on Saturday but poor weather conditions cancelled that display.
After today's (Sunday's) planned Goodwood Festival of Speed show, the Red Arrows will fly home to RAF Scampton this evening from Bournemouth Airport.
The famous squadron's updated route is set to soar over Wembley at around 7.48pm – just 12 minutes before the big match kicks off between Gareth Southgate's side and Italy.
England take on Italy at 8pm as the Three Lions bid for their first major trophy since the 1966 World Cup.
Having wowed football fans at Wembley with a flypast, the projected flight path will take the Red Arrows over Cambs en route to RAF Scampton in Lincolnshire.
- 1 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 2 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 3 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 5 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 6 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 9 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 10 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
After flying over the iconic stadium shortly before the game, the Red Arrows are due west of Huntingdon at 7.57pm.
Timings and the scheduled route are subject to change due to weather conditions and other circumstances. The provisional route may change at short notice.
The Red Arrows' full route, as listed on the Military Airshows website, is as follows:
- 1. Bournemouth Airport - 7.27pm
- 2. North of Verwood - 7.29pm
- 3. West of Tisbury - 7.31pm
- 4. East of Devizes - 7.34pm
- 5. North of Andover - 7.37pm
- 6. West of Newbury - 7.39pm
- 7. West of Reading - 7.41pm
- 8. West of Henley-on-Thames - 7.42pm
- 9. North of Maidenhead - 7.44pm
- 10. North of Slough - 7.46pm
- 11. Wembley flypast - 7.48pm
- 12. East of Willesden - 7.49pm
- 13. North East of Hertford - 7.52pm
- 14. West of Huntingdon - 7.57pm
- 15. North West of Stamford - 8.01pm
- 16. South East of Melton Mowbray - 8.03pm
- 17. West of North Hykeham - 8.08pm
- 18. RAF Scampton - 8.10pm.