Reggae, ska and jungle at Bassjam Norwich
- Credit: Archant
BassJam returns to Norwich with a top line up of Reggae, Ska and Jungle acts.
Headlining is London band, the Skints, who are described by Clash Music as “the torchbearers for modern British reggae music.”
With a sound that has been called “music from Jamaica in a London style”, The Skints mix reggae, ska, dub, punk rock, dancehall, soul, grime and hip hop, touring extensively across the UK, Europe and the United States.
A festival favourite and are set to be a sure fire winner when they play the LCR venue at the UEA for the first time.
Backing up is Trojan Sound System who represent the seminal reggae and ska label Trojan Records.
Mixing styles and flavours from the past 40 years, this group of selectas and vocalists come to shake up the dance.
Formed in 2004, London based Trojan Sound System are an institution in British sound system culture.
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 3 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 6 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 7 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
They relentlessly tour the globe spreading their message of love and unity through the power of Ska, Roots, Dub, Dancehall and UK Bass.
They have supported legendary Jamaican acts such as The Wailers, Luciano, Sly and Robby and the late great, Gregory Isaacs to name but a few.
Born on Road will take party goers through the dancehall, reggae, hiphop and jungle journey while Kenny Ken will be giving a history of Jungle in his set.
Rebel Lion joins the line up for a roots reggae vibe while over in the Blue Bar, Warrior Jungle meets Roots Renegade bringing the best in reggae, dancehall and jungle, featuring Pastaman, Oblivion, singer Tempa, Bluntly Speakin, Danger Ras and Selecta Joe, Ha-ZB, Influction and HDR.
* The night is on Friday December 2 from 9.30pm at te LCR at the UEA in Norwich. Tickets cost £17.50 plus £1.75 booking fee.Buy your tickets here